Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cast-off

So guess who gets her casts off tomorrow!! Yep, that would be me. I'm so incredibly excited to get the buggers off. These past few weeks have been really busy for me and actually pretty fun. I've had a ton of play dates (about 40!), lots of doctor's appointments and then we went down to Hilton Head Island last week to crash my in-law's vacation. It was awesome. But let me catch up before I blog about that.

I got new casts a couple weeks ago and decided to go with a more cheery color scheme for the downhill. Purple and hot pink. Much better than the black and maroon that everyone bugged me about. It was reflective of my mood, ok? For the record since I failed to mention it, I broke the 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsal on each foot.) At the last check, they were healing up just fine but I still don't know when I'll be able to fully walk. I'll know more tomorrow.



Teresa brought her babies up for a day when Julie was here and we had a fun time letting the kids run wild in the back while we took pictures of Sophie. Here's a pic of Eva and Erica playing in the wheelchair. Those two are two peas in a pod. I can't wait to see what they are like when they get older.

And a major crisis. Eva tried all week to give up her naps (a combination of her favorite binky breaking and 1-o'clock-church which always messes her up). Here's what she did to her room when I locked her in. I don't have help during nap time so it was absolutely miserable trying to deal with a raging 2-yr-old for 3 hours. But vacation and a new binky seems to have gotten her back on track (until Sunday). (And yes, I totally caved in with the binky thing but I just can't give up nap time. I'll have to work it out later when I have my legs back.)


Sisters and Soph! Now I'm going to go put my Pioneer Woman Actions to use and see what I can do with the rest of the pics!

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Yeah for getting your casts off! I hope all goes well with the walking.

Team O'Connor said...

I'm so glad you're getting your casts off! I can't even imagine how great that must feel. You and your sister and Sophie looks sooo beautiful in that last picture! Sophie is so darling and little. I hope you're feeling great!

Teresa said...

I'm sad I didn't get to see the purple casts before they departed. I'm sure they were lovely. You are amazing, and look so great in that pic with Julie. We are having Sophie-Eva withdrawals...miss you guys! And we forgot our Ben and Jerry's!