Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chicken Legs

I have chicken legs. No muscles, just floppy calves and bony ankles. One week and two days with the casts off. It has not been an easy week. Up until a few days ago I felt like I was literally walking on broken feet. It seriously killed to take a step and my feet were covered in giant bruises. I called into my dr. just to make sure it was ok to put weight on them. He said it was and that it was going to hurt so here I am. I still use the wheelchair and walker for long trips (i.e. anywhere outside my house) But the feet feel much better this weekend and I'm starting to take a few steps without a walker. Slowly but surely I'll get back to normal. And for more good news... I finally got my handicap parking pass!! Thank you, DMV.

6 comments:

sara cardon said...

Ug. Recovery sounds slooooow and painful!! You'll build up those sexy legs in no time. Hang in there!!:)

Teresa said...

You have an incredible pain threshold. I am amazed how you could do as much as you did without even vocalizing how much it hurts. One step at a time chickenlegs :).

Joan Morris said...

I'm disappointed there are no pictures of the chicken legs ;) Yeah for handicap parking passes. I'm glad it finally came.

Pal & Hatty said...

You are tough to go through all of this! I guess you really had no choice - but as my dad would say "It will build character".

Team O'Connor said...

Ah! Poor thing! I almost threw up reading that. It sounds so painful. I'm glad your casts are off though. I hope they feel better soon. If only I could have smaller calves. Haha. Totally a distasteful joke. Corey and I are still all about Chincoteague so we have to get out there before he leaves in July. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Amelia Hohl said...

Wait...all you have to do to get skinny calves is break both of your legs and cast them for 8 weeks?! You could totally market that as an elective surgery and make millions. I'll try it after I give the "stop eating chocolate all day long" diet a try...after Easter is over. Seriously though, I'm glad you are recovering and you said you wanted to come visit and we would love to have you anytime before we move out May 4th. We will also be homeless for months so maybe we can come crash at your place sometime this summer too. Happy recovery!