Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Longest Three Weeks

[A word to the followers. I'm finally catching on to Google Reader and it I'm loving it. I've started adding many of you as subscriptions or on the following widget. I was surprised to find out that I have thirty something subscriptions... Who are all of you? I didn't think I even had that many friends. So for those of you that go through Reader I've added a followers widget. It would be fun to see who you are and then you don't have to leave me comments because I'll know how much you love me already. :) ]

Here's a little photo to brighten up your day. I know all of you have a secret dream to use one of these things. Go ahead, envy me. It's ok to feel jealous.

But the bummer is I couldn't quite reach the cheese puffs.


I've had many questions about how I'm surviving. I will say this has pretty much been the longest 3 weeks of my life. But it has been amazing to see how willing and happy people are to help out. My mom and sister Julie have both been able to come out.



And I've had so many friends willing to take care of me. I took pictures of all my helpers on the first day planning to make a "helpers collage" but quickly abandoned the project because people were coming in faster than I could snap the pictures. I have been so touched by the support I've received. There was a 4 day gap between my mom and sister. All the girls around here signed up for shifts and meals. There was always someone to be here with me to clean my house, take care of my kids, make me food, bring me meals... It has been really fun actually. Then to top it all off they went in on a gift card for a full body massage for me. I started crying when I saw the card. I still can't believe what an amazing circle of friends I have.

Lara can be the friend representative for this post. She has already made me dinner 3 times (maybe 4, I'm losing track) this month. (Hello angel in human body!)



Eva updates: Still as sassy as ever. She's having a blast with having 3-4 play dates per day. "I broke my wegs" then freaks out when I try to put a "cast" on her with toilet paper. "R-O-S-I-E. Eva. That spells me." Trying to read a book. Starting to express love verbally. Saying "I Love You". Or "Sophie loves so and so" or "I love Sophie". She is such a sweet older sister and wants to know where Sophie is the second she wakes up and then has to hold her. She is very gentle with Sophie.



Sophie updates: Sophie = Adorable. Grabbing at toys and her toes. Is entertained for hours in her jumparoo or play mat. Sleeps from 7pm-4am the eats and sleeps until 7am. Had her first taste of solids. Squawks every time Auntie Julie puts her down. Sophie figured out very quickly she was a sucker. I get tons of comments on her beautiful eyelashes and nicely shaped head.

13 comments:

Jen said...

Heh, did you back up just so you'd start to beep???

Your girls are so beautiful. How wonderful your mom AND Julie came out to help! And it sounds like you're surrounded by the most caring people ever. The massage is such a great idea.

Tom said...

So sorry to hear about the cheese puffs, but glad to see you still have a sense of humor!! See you in a week!

Teresa said...

So there won't be cheese puffs when we come to visit??!! The babies are praying for your broken feet every night. I love the food pics of little Sophie.

Team O'Connor said...

Sophie does love that jumparoo! I like the picture of her asleep in it. Definitely sums it up:) Yes, I'm totally jealous you get to use the rascals at the store. I didn't think about not reaching things though! I'm so glad you're still being taken care of. I can't wait for those casts to come off!

Joan Morris said...

That picture in the motorized shopping cart is hilarious. Here's an idea, maybe we should go to Disneyworld while you are using that cart so we can all go to the front of the lines. Hang in there, you are halfway through! We can't wait to see you all in 5 days.

Pal & Hatty said...

It looks like you are managing well with this trial! I am so glad that you have so many family and friends to help you! You girls are so cute- they look like little angels!

Pam said...

I loved your post on howdoesshe. The rice pudding looks incredible! I explained to Missy what you've been going through and she didn't know about it. I love your sense of humor!

Jessica said...

omigosh, I am so jealous! I've always wanted to ride around in one of those things! Glad to hear you are being taken care of so sweetly.

Nat said...

i need to get my hands on that baby

sara cardon said...

Ugh. Longest three weeks of your life is an understatement, I'm sure! The only thing I can compare it to is the last trimester of Lucy's pregnancy on bed rest, but I didn't even have any kids to take care of and I could get up to shower. How do you do that anyway? The motorized wheel chair picture is sad and funny all at the same time! Sounds like you have amazing family to come help, amazing friends, and really amazing little girls. We love you guys!!

Tom said...

I know, I already commented, but isn't this like those testimony meetings at girl's camp where you can get up multiple times? Just had to say that every time I look at your blog and see you and Devo in those Russian hats, it makes me laugh! EVERY time, without fail!!

Craig and Dar said...

You're lucky the white popcorn wasn't on the top shelf! You'd think they'd put the cheese puffs down at Eva's level!

Lindy said...

I am so happy you've had great help! AND that you got to use the motorized shopping cart before age 75. The look on your face is priceless. Thanks for sharing.