Friday, March 11, 2011

Hilton Head Island, SC

Ahhhhh, the sweet smelling air of South Carolina. Oh how I've missed you. Like Jimmer and a pull up J. You were exactly what I needed after weeks of scooting on the floor and never leaving home. Your sun tanned my skin and your beaches let my wheelchair roll freely to the water's edge. Your restaurants filled my belly with sweet, sweet seafood and your tourists never laughed or stared at the girl in the wheelchair with a baby strapped to her chest and a toddler running wild like a little banshee. And now that I'm home I will keep my memories of my most recent visit... my trip to Beaufort to see your antebellum mansions, live oaks and Spanish moss, to your neighbors, Savannah and Tybee Island, with their colorful neighborhoods that take you back to a different time, and your numerous golf courses that distracted our husbands so we could go shopping. Hopefully I will see you again soon!




6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

We had so much fun! Can we go again soon? Thanks for spending the week with us.

Tom said...

Ahhhh, those were the days, and then some. Now it's back to working and paying taxes. I'll bet if we moved to South of the Border, South Carolina, every day would be just like that little vacation.

Joy and Ted said...

You're going to have to show me how you did that cool collage. Looked like a fabulous trip!

Carina said...

What a fun trip and just what the doctor ordered :). I hope your healing well and doing better.

Teresa said...

Oh my gosh! I love these pictures. I love Devin giving you a piggy back, your sweet in-laws, Eva on the beach, and little Sophie. Thanks so much for sharing! I love it!

sara cardon said...

You are such a good sport to go everywhere and do everything despite two broken feet. And cute, cute, cute kids!!!