I think every mom at some point has the feeling like they are a bad mom. I've been feeling that a lot lately. Maybe it is as Eva gets more independent and listens to me less and less... But then I thought that I never thought my mom was a bad mom. I always thought and still do for that matter that she was the best mom in the world. So I guess as long as I'm not abusive or an alki then maybe, just maybe my kids will think I'm a wonderful mom too and that's all that matters. Right now I'm beating my head against the wall because of potty training. And I wouldn't be so frustrated but I feel like I screwed it all up. Part of the problem is that we had to start and stop because of the feet thing and I'm getting a late start at it. But she gets the part where she sits on the pot all day and if she happens to go then she gets candy but then she'll get off and 5 minutes later go 2 feet from the potty. Ahhhhhhh! I seriously don't know what to do except start praying that she somehow gets it.
6 comments:
You are an amazing mom. I look up to you more than you will ever know. Don't get down about potty training, she'll live it up when she's ready. I love the outfit she chose, can I borrow it?! I have a feeling my days of matchy-matchy with the twins will soon come to an end (although I would have matched you every day in high school if I could've!).
First off, Way to listen to the spirit! That was a close call.
Second, I always think the same thing about "well, I don't think my mom was a bad mom, so hopefully my kids won't think I am either." There is so much guilt that comes along with being a mom, but in the end, these kids don't know any different anyway. They have no one to compare us to! I think you're a wonderful mom!
Third, I am THE world's worst potty trainer! Talk about screwing up a kid. Poor Ella! She had it so bad. Age 3 is the magic number for me, I learned not to put pressure on myself, 'cause they'll do it only when they want to! She is still young! Good luck! Potty training is not fun!
(Teresa, your last sentence in that comment is cracking me up!)
Thank you so much for sharing your listening to the spirit story. That really touched me. Good job, Devin, too for responding quickly.
I am kind of jealous that Eva can throw a rocker outfit together all on her own at only 3 years old. I still can't accomplish that. I'm so glad Eva didn't get hurt by the dresser! How scary.
Since joining the military I've learned the meaning of bad moms and trust me, you are not on the list lady. I think you need to spend a few days with me introducing you to moms I know and I think you'll feel MUCH better. Seriously though. You are an amazing mom!
I'd say you are a great mom - listening to the spirit is the best talent you can have! As for the potty training - it will happen all in good time - now I didn't say your time, but it will happen!
I wonder if she and Lucy share some sort of over-the-top bad fashion gene. Lucy looks like a wacho 99% of the time. You're not a bad mom though. People eat that stuff up!!
Post a Comment