Thursday, March 31, 2011

Potty Training Update

She did it!  All that whining was for nothing.  Yesterday I decided to give it one last try before putting it off for another few months.  I followed some advice of one of my friends and let her run around commando and kept the potty chair right next to us at all times.  I didn't have much hope then all of a sudden she stopped playing and looked at me and I read it in her eyes, "I have to pee".  So I sat her down and she did it!!!  It was a major break through.  No accidents the rest of the day and her nap diaper was dry.  Bedtime came and she didn't want pull-ups on so I woke her up at ten to go potty and then she made it all the way to morning!  Now I have a $20 box of pull-ups that I'm stuck with but I couldn't be happier.  If only my blog were private, I'd treat you all to some super-cute potty pics!  Woohoo!  Yesterday was the best day I've had in a long time!

8 comments:

Lara Vanhille said...

The pressure is on for Jack....Lily, now Eva!

Jen said...

Yea, what a great accomplishment! The only downside to her going commando is you miss out on her fantastically self-picked outfits. Congrats on having a potty girl. I don't look forward to that at all.

Alicia said...

Yay! Congrats! Jon took about a week to train, so congrats to Eva! The only time he wears diapers/pull ups now is on long car rides or if he's sick (at night).

Michelle said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Both girls are absolutely adorable.

Joy and Ted said...

Hooray!! Congrats! I hope you treated both of you to something special...a major splurge at Trader Joes or something. Let me know when you want to come train Amelia. :)

Kay Hinton said...

Wahoooooooo!

Teresa said...

COngratulations! You did it!!! or She did it!!

Joan Morris said...

Yeah for Eva and Sarah! I was never worried.