Just one more...
After the cabin cleared out my family moved in and spread out. It was fun to spend a week with all my sisters, nieces, nephew, and my mom's sister's family. I got my mom and sisters reading all my favorite books so I was left with nothing to do but make smores. (It's been a good reading year but send me your suggestions. I'm running out of books I'm excited about.) Here's my top 5 books from this year:
1. Hunger Games Series- Fast-paced, lots of action
2. The Help- Sweet characters, when you need a book that will make you feel good
3. Book Thief- WWII book but it won't make you depressed. You might cry at the end but you'll love the artistic perspective
4. Kitchen Boy- very intriguing, historical fiction, fast read
5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- so sweet, another make-you-happy book
One day we went up to Cameron lake and saw a momma bear and her baby triplet cubs walking on the side of the road. Then we canoed around. Me getting rolling and out of a dingy was not the highlight of my day... although it may have been for the on-lookers.

Strolls around the town site. Photo in front of the Waterton opera house. Eva loved her rides in the bike wagon. Especially with cousin "Wyan" (Ryan) where I think she picked up her love of potty words and making toot noises. Tin Foil dinners in the pouring rain for Julie's birthday. Eating cake by the river.
"Show me your teeth!" Beautiful Alberta Temple. The interior of this temple is really cool. My mom said Frank Lloyd Wright was the interior designer. I'm not sure how true this is but the style and colors echo his work. Eva in front of the "Palmer House". Driving the boat with Grandpa. Sharing a sucker with Reggie.

6 comments:
Looks like you guys all had a blast. I love the pictures of the sisters and the cousins! So much fun!!
What fun! Man, Canada is beautiful. Someday I'll make it up there.
Sarah-we love the same books! If you like historical fiction you can try Molokai...it's not perfect but the plot is crazy and I loved it. I'm loving these Palmer madness posts! Eva is so cute.
It looks like you've had a fun summer. Nice choice in books! I just ordered "The Book Thief" I'm excited to read it.
Love all the pics!!! Canada is so fun :) Makes me miss Waterton, Calgary Stampede, visiting the water falls, hiking and stuff. My family would do that every year :) Been in Cardston many many times too. Glad you were able to do all those fun things and have such a great time.
How fun! And thanks for the book recs, I'll be adding these to my list!
Post a Comment