37 days to go and I now have my cool widget up. I know, I know. The second child syndrome. I'm already starting the second child neglect. I don't want to say this baby is an afterthought... far from it. But that fact of the matter is this little thing just isn't giving me much trouble. This pregnancy, aside from the first couple of months, has been great. I don't know why, maybe because my body knows what to expect, maybe because I'm so busy chasing a toddler around... whatever it is, I'm grateful to #2 for just being a nice little baby-- giving me a kick and a punch every once in awhile to say "hi". I had another ultrasound this week and the gender was confirmed. It's a girl, %100. Devin has been working on a name list for a few weeks now, going through a massive database of names writing down any that caught his eye. He brought home a little post-it with 24 names on in and now we're working through it. So here's the list just for fun. (As a disclaimer directed mainly at sisters: If anyone related to me or close friends decide to use any names just know that I'm ok with cousins and friends having the same name. So if you steal it, which is perfectly fine with me, I might still use it in the future.)
Abby, Addi, Aubrey, Camilla, Sophie, Julia, Caroline, Carolyn, Ella, Ellie, Emma, Kalli, Lauren, Mackenzie, Marissa, Mckayla, Mckenna, Melora, Mikayla, Natalie, Quinn, Sadie, Sydney, Sylvie.
I can easily eliminate a few of these but I'm trying to let them all settle in for a couple weeks before I start crossing them off the list. Caroline and Sophie rise to top. We'd considered these with Eva. But who knows what we'll end up picking in the end. And thanks to my baby widget I now know I have 37 days left to decide!
7 comments:
My favorite on the list: Lauren. I love that name. Sophie is really cute, too- especially since Devin served in France. Girls names are so fun.
I'm so glad to see the baby ticker. I'd have to check Kristen's blog *since she's due the same time as you* to see how many weeks you had left. We'll love whatever name you choose.
I'm so glad to see the baby ticker. I'd have to check Kristen's blog *since she's due the same time as you* to see how many weeks you had left. We'll love whatever name you choose.
I was going to say that I LOVE the name Caroline and Sophie...and Sadie. Great names.
Never heard of Melora before. I do love girls names. Good luck in the final pick.
So two of your names are on my list too---Ellie and Sadie. I love both. I really love Quinn too, but I have a brother-in-law named Quinn so Brian said I wasn't allowed to consider it for our little girl. So maybe Quinn's my vote so that some cute baby girl gets that name :).
I'll pay you a thousand bucks to name her Darlene!
Post a Comment