Sunday, August 29, 2010
Cornhole and the Birthday Boy
Poor Devin's birthday fell right in the middle of my Internet dark weeks. No happy birthday blog shout-outs this year, no happy birthday comments streaming in. I know it's a shame but we were able to celebrate none-the-less. We'd only been in our new place for a week or so but I really wanted to have a birthday party/thank you to everyone that helped us move and it was a great night. I made Devin cornhole boards for Father's Day/ his birthday and by "I made them" I mean I bought the stuff and took them over to my friends house where her husband put them together. If you're not from around here, cornhole is a game we were introduced to in South Carolina at all the tailgates. It's surprisingly simple, and surprisingly entertaining, especially for the menfolk. Which frees up the ladyfolk to do as much chatting as we want. Here's the website that shows you how to make them. http://www.cornholehowto.com/ I'd hit up a garage sale a few days earlier and cleaned out all the yard toys so I now have the toddler party yard. So the kids climed and slid, the girls chatted and ate chocolate cake (mostly the prego) and the boys played cornhole out in the field. But the important thing is that Devin had a great time at his party and was able to forget for just a couple hours that he's now 30 years old.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Shonna and Blake made a cornhole, too. It really is fun. Happy belated, Devin! Does it still count?
I'm anxious to play cornhole. You'll have to teach us how. Happy Bday Devin! Man I can't believe my baby is 30?
Happy late b-day Devin!!! Love cornhole! Blake made our set in OSU colors, like you say, for tailgating. But we really play it lots of other times too.
Happy belated bday Devin!
I love Cornhole! I didn't know it was Devin's Bday! Happy Birthday. The Gatorades were your present :)
Post a Comment