Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Party for the Babe

I have some of the greatest friends here in Richmond. Monday a few of my girlfriends took me out to Cheesecake Factory for a little shower for the new little girl. There was something about getting cute little girl clothes and things that made it all seem more real to me. I'm actually going to have a little newborn soon. It's still hard to imagine. It was so fun to get out with the girls one last time before I get stuck to a schedule of a screamyhead. And since I couldn't have chocolate while nursing Eva I went for the Godiva Chocolate cheesecake just in case I need to load up. You can never go wrong with the Godiva. (Nor can you go wrong with a pack of peanut M&M's and a Snickers in the Walmart checkout line at 39 weeks. Especially if week 38 gives you false labor, the flu and the desire to steal Granny's walker so you don't have to hobble because of pinched nerves.)

10 comments:

Shonna said...

Godiva chocolate is good-I go for the dark. How nice of your friends. Girl time is always good.

Teresa said...

You are so fun! Sorry about the pinched nerve. I'm glad you got to get out before the
"screamyhead!" You look amazing! All of my sisters are so gorgoeous. Hang in there, you are almost there...babies are alot quieter in utero than out in the open (despite them beating up the insides), and a little less time to deal with them before they leave for college :)...or this is just what I said to myself into 39 weeks with the twins. Can't wait to see you soon!

Team O'Connor said...

How do you look so hot at 39 weeks? I'm glad you got a fun baby shower! Ugh, a pinched nerve sounds horrible! I hate any kind of back pain but I'm sure doubled with all of the other aches and pains of pregnancy it's 10 times worse.

Joan Morris said...

How fun, I'm so glad you got to have a little shower before the baby comes. You look so cute. It sounds like you were having major chocolate cravings and Godiva cheesecake would be just the answer.

Brittany said...

I am so late in checking blogs! I can't believe you're almost due and when I left Richmond you were just barely showing! Good luck with everything!

I still haven't been to Ham n' Goodies yet. I don't know what I'm waiting for, but every time
I drive by it I think of you. Hopefully you guys will take another trip to Knoxville sometime in the near future?

sara cardon said...

How is it that you get to look so gorgeous days before having a baby?!? Some girls have all the luck!! I'm glad you have good friends to treat you to a nice shower. And now Babykins is finally here!! CONGRATS!! (I was actually checking for some pictures...)

Tom said...

Yea, where are the pictures of my new granddaughter, ????? Morris? Sure you just had her yesterday, but how long does it take to get out of the hospital and do a blog?! Well, I guess I could say CONGRATULATIONS! Job well done!! Now send pictures. Really. Yes you are going to have to do it because Devin can never figure it out.

Teresa said...

I'm dying to see the little one! Congratulations!

Leslie said...

good times! I stole this picture for my blog since I never post anything about myself and only about the kids. BORING! haha Anyway, glad I finally found your blog. I will come back and visit.

Rachel said...

I finally remembered to put your blog address on my blog so I can check it on a regular basis...I have been browsing the last couple months. What a fabulous Mom you are. Eva and Sophie are so lucky!! I can't wait to see more pictures. I hope everything is going great. Let me know if you need anything.