Luckily Eva fell asleep in her stroller and took a much needed nap. Here's Devin at the Iwojima Memorial. I didn't realize this existed but it was really cool to see the famous statue close up. It is much, much larger than the picture suggests.
Then we drove out to Chantilly to try a restaurant featured in Bobby Flay's Throwdown. According to the show this place has the BEST pad Thai. We thought it was really good but quite spicy so it was kind of hard to tell. At any rate, it's fun to eat somewhere famous. Here's Devin, sleepy Eva, Corey and Carrie.

Then we headed over to the Nationals ballpark to catch the game. There's just something about catching a game in the summertime. It's something I like to to at least once a summer, otherwise I don't feel like my summer was complete. Eva insisted on wearing the heels, this was her first day with them and I didn't yet realize it was a battle to be fought. She finally had her final meltdown after the seventh inning stretch so we headed back home. We love living so close to DC. It was a great day!


Then we headed over to the Nationals ballpark to catch the game. There's just something about catching a game in the summertime. It's something I like to to at least once a summer, otherwise I don't feel like my summer was complete. Eva insisted on wearing the heels, this was her first day with them and I didn't yet realize it was a battle to be fought. She finally had her final meltdown after the seventh inning stretch so we headed back home. We love living so close to DC. It was a great day!
3 comments:
You guys do the coolest stuff. Sounds like a great, action packed day and I can't believe you did it all 9 months pregnant ;)
We're so glad you guys came up. Now, we're so excited for Clemson! I hope you're feeling good. I have another friend that is having their 2nd child and all of a sudden their son has taken a turn for the worst. He has been acting up a lot. He knows the competition is on the way. I hope Eva is being good :) Haha. Take care!
Wow! What a jam-packed day! This is why I miss the East coast so much! There's SO much to do, and it's all right at your fingertips. :)
Post a Comment