Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Morris come to Richmond


Last week Devin's mom and dad flew all the way out from Boise to visit us. I wish I had Eva's reaction on video when the pulled into the parking lot. She was so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa! Screamed and ran and jumped up and down. She loves her grandparents and had such a fun time playing with them all week. We were on the go the entire time. Monday we went out the Shenandoah for a picnic and drive. Devin and his dad did a beautiful hike then headed off to DC for the Boise State-Virginia Tech football game. Joan and I drove home through little towns and stopped at James Madison's plantation and home. It was fun to see the home of the Father of the Constitution. (Here's some pics. Why am I not surprised that I'm wearing that same outfit today? Probably b/c I've been on a 4 outfit rotation all summer, same shirt- 4 different colors.)



Devin and Tom had a fantastic time at the game. They walked around and tailgated with the players' families and scored a bunch of free food. Then had great seats for a great game. Those Broncos are amazing. It's too bad Devin just can't embrace them as his team. He has the worst luck with his current teams. It would be fun for him to have some winners every once in awhile. I actually stayed up and watched the entire game. It was THAT good.





[Not to detract from this post but I really might be in labor right now. That's what's going through my head. That and I really need to get my dishes done so they don't sit in my sink for 3 days... 2:04, 2:13, 2:27, 2:35, 2:43, 2:57, 3:10, 3:19... I'm getting really nervous... Ok, back to the blog. I can do this. It's probably just a false alarm.] Update: still here, contractions slowing down...

Wednesday we headed out to Virginia Beach to enjoy the ocean. It was the perfect day for the beach, no crowds, warm water, plenty of dolphins swimming off-shore. Eva loved it. She was so cute running in and out of the waves. This time she didn't spend the entire time eating sand so that was an improvement. It was a great day.


Then another day we went out to Charlottesville to check out the sites. Eva got to pick her own apple off the tree at the apple orchard then spent half of the way home chomping on it. She also is obsessed with ketchup.

Then we walked the pedestrian bridge to Belle Isle in downtown Richmond and ate dinner at our favorite BBQ joint, Buzz and Ned's. That place is so yummy and they are opening another location right by us. Score.


We were so happy Tom and Joan would come all the way out to visit us and we can't wait until Joan comes back for baby duty in October. It makes us feel like we don't live so far away when we get to have those cherished visits from our family. Thank you for coming and staying with us, Grandma and Grandpa! We already miss you!

I just had to throw this pic in there. This is from Saturday's family Olympics that a few girls in our neighborhood put together. It was a great activity, notice Eva's galoshes. She's getting hard to dress- sassy little babe.

8 comments:

Joan Morris said...

You did such a good job reviewing our trip. I should just copy and paste your blog into mine :) Thanks so much for hosting us, we had a fantastic trip and Tom is in withdrawal wanting to come visit again. I'm so happy I'll be back out there in a month.

Nathan and Sarah said...

Okay, so are you in labor? I am so excited for you guys! Cant wait to see pictures of this new baby!

Good Luck!!!!!

Teresa said...

I love your prego belly and can't wait to see it this weekend...unless its no longer there. Still pregnant?!! I can't believe how much that little Eva is growing up.

sara cardon said...

I didn't even recognize Eva in the last picture-- her hair is so long and she's turning into a beautiful little girl. She's changed even from when we saw her a few months ago!! You look AMAZING, I hope you know. I'm sending good labor vibes your way!:)

Pal & Hatty said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time together! I love all the cute pictures! Keep us posted when your new baby arrives!

Shonna said...

How fun! I love that you put in your labor update. The beach pic w/ Aunt Joan and Eva is so cute.

Tom said...

C'mon Devin, just embrace your home team the Broncos and you can finally be a winner. GO BRONCOS! Here it is the 22nd and nothing has happened. Let' speed up those contractions. GO SARAH! Of course I love Eva in everything she wears, but the boots really are kind of spiffy. Maybe for those who haven't seen Eva wearing them in person, we can get a close up of them in the future. GO EVA!

Jessica said...

What a fun time! Eva is so darn cute and she just keeps getting cuter! And I think you look so cute and wish I looked that good at 9 mos pregnant!