Thursday, November 12, 2009

Monticello


Last week Grandma Joanie came to visit! We had so much fun running all over the place seeing so many new things. I was so excited when she wanted to see Monticello out in Charlottesville b/c I've been waiting to go there ever since we moved to Richmond. Monticello is the plantation of Thomas Jefferson and he picked a great spot. It was so beautiful with 360 views from his home. The interior was fascinating as it illustrated what an inspiring person created it. Pick up a nickel and you'll see Monticello looking back at you.


Here's a couple pics from the Carter's apple orchard and Michie's Tavern. The wind was horrible but the apple cider doughnuts were to die for.



2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I loved Monticello. Thomas Jefferson was a remarkable person and seeing his home and plantation was a dream come true! Thanks for the sightseeing tour :)

Shonna said...

That home is beautiful! And I'm so glad you get to see fun sites with Aunt Joan.