The rain is crazy here right now. There is no way I'm going out in this storm. Devin braved the torrent to go to his weekly basketball night. But I, being inspired by this clip be Elder Uchtdorf, decided to stay in and create something. About 3 weeks ago I went to a party where everyone had to bring a bow or flower and the materials for everyone else at the party. Then we sat around until the wee hours of the morning chatting and making all the bows. I went home with 15 different bows that Eva won't leave in for more that 2 seconds. Oh well, I guess I have Christmas presents taken care of. So I went a little wild last night and decided to take step-by-step photos of one technique. Sorry about the bad photos.
You will need ribbon for bow (1 inch to 2 inch wide), thin ribbon for clip and center (1/4 inch?), alligator clip, hot glue gun, wire, fire.
Step 4. Smoosh together in an accordion fashion if possible. Wrap with wire or string. Wire works the best. You can use floral wire or jewelry wire or anything thin. Then wrap a thinner ribbon over wire to cover it and glue.
Step 6. Cover an alligator clip (I bought 100 at Sally's for a couple bucks). Then glue back of bow to clip.


And here's the holder I made for all the bows. It is a 16x20 canvas. I just glued strips of ribbon on the back part of the frame so the clips can slid right in. Fun stuff!
8 comments:
super cute! if i'm having a girl next, then i'm totally copying all of your ideas!! :-)
Aren't you the cute little crafter? I loved your step by step pictures. Fun bows!
Look at you! Miss creative Sarah. That's so funny because I have that clip on my blog right now. I think it was a perfect message to listen to. Way to go on "Create"-ing. :)
Nothing like inclement weather to bring out the homemaker in ya! Haha. Those are really cute though. I saw something similar (but less cute) in a boutique downtown for $8 a piece. Do I smell a scheme?
So cute--if only I had a need for cute baby bows ;)
I loved going through your bows with ya... ha ha
I love those bows! Thanks for teaching how to make one, it looks like fun.
Thanks for the "how to" post! I attempted to make some bows for Macie a little while ago and they turned out ok, but they aren't my favorite. I'm definitely going to have to try this one, they are so cute!
Post a Comment