Friday, November 20, 2009

The End of the Baby Mullet

Here I am on a Friday afternoon typing away and Eva is having a telephone conversation with the lotion bottle. She jabbers, pauses, says "oh, cool", pauses, jabbers some more. If I were an alien I would have no idea she wasn't having a real conversation with someone. They pick up on so much. It is funny to me to see all my awkward speech habits showing up in Eva. For awhile there she would just go around shouting, "no" and "don't". Wonder where she picked that up? Now she starts every jibber with "uuuuummmmmm". Opps. Gatta work on that one. Then there's the "cool!" exclamation which is really cute but I catch myself saying it much too often and in the same exact intonation. I wonder what habits I'll see next. I just hope her next word isn't "like".

I finally got the courage to chop the baby mullet. Devin and I had been debating about it for weeks then my friends told me that you never listen to your husband about things like that. I'd like to see the rest of that list. So I chopped it and I think she looks very cute but Devin is still missing the mullet. I told him she can grow it back but it didn't seem to comfort him much.

*Keep in mind this is a total hack job! I think we are in need of some professional help on this one! But here's the pics as promised.


This weekend we went to Raleigh to see the baby twins, my parents and a Clemson football game. Little babies are so sweet! Especially these two. They are so happy and content. I'm hoping for one of those next time. Eva didn't seem to care much about the babies. She was more interested in launching them out of their bouncers. Devin and I took off for a football game and had a great time while Eva stayed home with the grandparents. She turned on the charm of course. My mom said after a couple hours she looked at my dad and said, "da da" then gave him a kiss on the cheek. I'm sure he was thrilled. Eva just seems to know all her grandparents. Even when she hasn't seen them for months. Maybe she can sense when someone has and intense love for her. Families are such a blessing to us.






8 comments:

Amelia Hohl said...

What about the photo?? I want to see how darling she looks!

Joan Morris said...

I can't wait for the pictures. I want to see Eva "Mullet-less".
Maybe Eva has a future as a "tele-marketer" :)

Team O'Connor said...

I understand why Devin was sad about the mullet. They are great but I'm sure she looks darling and I can't wait for the pictures.
Eva is way too smart for her age. She can charm her way into anyone's heart. Even Corey likes her. She has talent.
Corey said Devin was happy about the Clemson game. He is currently at his dad's watching the Packers play. Hopefully he comes home happy. Haha. I made banana blueberry muffins in case they lose :)

Teresa said...

I love your baby! She is adorable. You need to put a video of her dancing on your blog...highlight of my life to see her do that! Cam wants to trim Erica's mullet...opposite of you and Devin. I don't yet have the heart to do it. Maybe I should call you to therapize!

sara cardon said...

I remember when Lucy first started talking-- and pretending to be on the phone. She would walk around the house with a toy up to her ear and say, "Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh." Can't wait to see her at Christmas!

Tom said...

They do pick up on the habits. Wait until she starts spitting in the house, or tries to smoke a pencil. Well, maybe not that last one. I remember young Taylor learning how to "pee on a tree" out camping in the forest, and then demonstrating for all to see as they came out of the church the next Sunday. You gotta love 'em.

Carina said...

You guys did a great job with the haircut! Eva looks adorable :0).

Unknown said...


فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
faniyin
فني تركيب دش بالرياض