I love it when Joan comes to town because we always eat such good food. She is always wanting to try new restaurants with us and I'm never afraid to try out a new recipe. While she was here we ate at a fun French Cafe in CaryTown and a pizza place under the rail road tracks down town, tried yummy chickpea burgers by Carina, and had our neighbors Mary and Joe over for an Indian food party. It helped that they are from India and cook amazing dishes for us all the time. I even tried out Julie's exotic korma murg which had an amazing flavor. Maybe one of these days I'll get the ambition to post it on my food blog. Man it was good. And then to work it all off, a trip to Bell Isle and a ride on the techno zebra.







Devin's mom is also a history buff so we went up to Fredricksburg to check out a couple battlefields from the civil war. I'm living right where most of the civil war action was, Richmond being the Confederate Capitol. My civil war knowledge didn't go much past slavery and Abe Lincoln but I'm starting to really understand it and the history really is quite interesting. The statue I'm in front of is a memorial to a Confederate soldier that crossed enemy lines during the night to give water to injured Yankee soldiers before fighting resumed the next morning. Next to it is an original slavery auction block that still remains in downtown Fredricksburg.
3 comments:
I don't know your mother in law, but I love her! I bet it's so much fun to have her!
Your pics look great. And it sounds like you know a lot about civil war history. I went on a candlelit haunted tour of Gettysburg last night. It was really interesting. I didn't see any ghosts but the guide just tells you about some of the history in the streets of Gettysburg and tells stories about people who've seen civil war ghosts. I did get a little scared. Hahaha. It was pretty cool.
Thanks for being such a great tour guide. I had such a wonderful time with you all! I can't wait to come back ;)
Post a Comment