Thursday, September 10, 2009

Love. This. Chunk.


Eva is now the big O-N-E. The whole week leading up to her birthday I kept thinking to myself, "one year ago today, I was marching up and down a hill trying to induce labor." "one year ago today, I was starting to count out my contractions." "one year ago today, I was driving to the hospital with a tornado on my tail." Etc., etc... I spent the week thinking about the beautiful experience that was her birth and how profoundly different my life is now that I am a mom. Devin and I can hardly believe our baby is already a year old and at the same time we feel like we've lived a lifetime since her birth. We are constantly in awe of this little miracle and we watch and love her every step, facial expression, sound, and move. She is an amazing little creature and she'll never understand how she fills our lives with so much love and joy. We love you, Eva! We're so happy to have you as our little daughter forever and ever!

7 comments:

CurtisandJackie said...

I can't believe it's been a year! She sure is cute.

Dalton Family said...

Such a sweet post. Love the outfit!

Teresa said...

Awe, so sweet!

Joan Morris said...

Well said. What a cute picture.

Kristin A. said...

That is the most beautiful outfit, made more beautiful by the little girl in it!! I remember a year ago too. I am honored to have been invited to be apart of her arrival in this world and wish I could have help celebrated one year!!

Carina said...

Isn't crazy how fast that year goes by? I love this picture, Eva is so pretty in that dress.

Kay Hinton said...

What a beautiful picture! Happy birthday, Eva!