But first I want to recap my trip last week. Eva and I started in Pittsburgh where our friends live. They have a little girl named Bea that is only 4 days older than Eva. It was so cute to watch them wobbling around together. Eva is a giant compared to Bea which is weird b/c Eva hardly eats a thing and Bea seriously out-ate me at every meal. We tried to get Eva to eat so many different things and the only things she didn't spit out right away were the mini anchovies and pumpkin curry. What a weird little kid. So Amelia is a wonderful cook and always cooking up new and interesting things so we spent our time in the kitchen cooking up amazing dishes. It was a blast. We went downtown to the Strip District to shop for exotic spices and ingredients. (Pittsburgh is beautiful by the way. Very underrated. You should go visit if you can sometime.) We made pumpkin curry, goat cheese puff pizza, pumpkin goat cheese salad, real mint and chocolate homemade ice cream, even gourmet oatmeal for breakfast. Eva loved having a big house and yard to wander around in as well as an older brother, Henry, to look after her. The weather was perfect and we let the babies play in the pool outside. Then the babies took off and tried to climb up the slide. It was pretty comical to watch the two naked butterballs slipping and sliding. We also went to a farmer's market where Eva had her first encounter with goats. All in all we had a great time in Pittsburgh and check my food blog in the future for recipes.
We rode a train over to Hershey where Devin's sister, Sara, met us. I absolutely loved the train ride. We went through a number of quaint little mountain towns in Pennsylvania. It was so beautiful and so much easier to ride than an airplane with a baby. Anyway, in Hershey we visited the Hershey Chocolate museum and ate tons of kisses. The entire town is a Hershey Chocolate exhibit with an amusement park, Hershey school, Hotel, town square... even the street lights are shaped like kisses. It was very cool to see, especially for a chocolate lover like me. The next day I camped out at Sara's house in Philly with a sad but very cuddly baby. It was actually nice to have a day to just sit and hold my little sweetheart that is usually so busy she pops off my lap after a 15-second hug. I decided to head home early so I could take Eva to the doctor and here we are. Anxiously waiting for Grandma and Daddy to get back!
11 comments:
Sorry you are sick! If you do come back to SF sometime soon you have to come visit!
Hope you are finally over your sickness! That's just not fair to have to be sick while Devin was gone. Cute pictures of Eva and friends. You'll have to teach me how to make all that cool sounding food.
Man... I read your blog and remember how much I miss the Morris'. I am sorry Eva is sick! Welcome to the world of ear aches... Ethan has had one right after the other for awhile now and I'm just hoping the ENT will end his suffering and put tubes in... but that is just me. Started a new blog after my failed attempt at a family blog... www.LDScop.blogspot.com
Trying to take a spin of a glimpse into the life of a Mormon cop on this one. :-)
Miss ya'll! Tell your husband that I am super dissapointed with the Cougs.
What amazing trips! So sad that you ended up sick and having to cut out Chapel Hill from your plans. I can't wait to see that wobbly little butterball again. The pic of her and her buddy on the slide is absolutely adorable! Get better soon!
Bummer!! I'm so sorry things didn't work out better while you were in Philly. I guess it did earn you a visit from Grandma Palmer though! Lucy STILL has the runny nose as well, and I can't figure out why this cold is lingering... No fun. Get well soon!
Wow, you had quite the adventure. I'm so sorry to hear that you're both not feeling well. Hope you get better soon.
Hope you're feeling better . . .stinks to be sick.
Poor lil Eva is already learning that some friends just have faster metabolisms....
I'm sorry you and Eva were sick while Devin was gone. I hope you guys feel better soon so we can get together.
I am having an "I miss Sarah day" Road trip to Indiana? I know how much you love chicago and we are only a couple hours away! Come anytime!!!!
Want to go to Luray Caverns in Oct? Were going to Charlottesville for the Virginia vs Georgia Tech game. I'll find out which weekend:)
Post a Comment