Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Party Until...

Blogging madness is in full force. Thank goodness for Baby (sitter) Einstein. Bit by bit I'll get caught up on this weekend. We went up to Philadelphia to spend Labor Day with Devin's family the Cardons (Sara, Jon, Lucy, Zachy) and Devin's mom and brother (Joan and Taylor) who came out from Boise. We decided to take advantage of having family near-by so we waited a week or so to have Eva's birthday party. It was so fun to share it with them. It was especially fun to have 2-yr-old Lucy there who is so excited about birthdays at this point in her little life.


1. Cousins!! 2. Eva's new flip book. Her favorite thing in the world.



3. Birthday hat that was impossible to keep on her head. 4. Opening presents. Ignore my outfit. It's a little business on top, party on the bottom.


5. Mom and dad with the birthday girl. I agonized about themes and special cakes then decided not to sacrifice my weekend for it and we settled on a cake mix and store bought frosting. 6. I'm so happy I did because all she did was flick frosting everywhere. Finally, I decided to help her out and put some cake in her mouth to get her started eating the sugary sweetness. She screamed at me, swatted my hands away then gagged and...



7. Barfed all over her birthday cake!!! I guess that's the last time I ever try to make Eva do something she doesn't want to. Lesson learned, little one. I hope you don't remember this and that you had a happy birthday anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgaSq_0NrSo

7 comments:

Nat said...

That outfit might work for year one.... Maybe not later down the road.... "oh mom, how embarassing!"

Amanda Palmer said...

Well this is sad that she threw her cake up:( She is soo cute..it will be fun to see all the new little cousins next summer at the reunion

Teresa said...

How sad...Funfetti is the yummiest cake in the world, and she missed out on the magic! I guess you even have to be in the mood for funfetti. She is a cutie.

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday Eva! We're sorry we weren't closer to be able to celebrate. Coleman also threw up after eating his cake--all over our white bathroom rug (remember his cake was chocolate--probably not the best idea). Glad it was fun otherwise :)

Team O'Connor said...

LOL! I'm dying. A.Your outfit was HOT! B. Eva cracks me up! I'm also glad you didn't waste your weekend making a cake that Eva threw up on. Your sequence shots are always the best.

Tom said...

Hey, I'd barf too if someone made me wear that hat on my birthday. Poor little thing may be scarred for life. Who knows, maybe it will be a new family tradition - wear the hat and barf on the birthday cake!!

sara cardon said...

I'm sending very good vibes your way that Eva will not be a sensitive-gag-reflex-barfer like her cuz.:)