Our new coordinates on the map of America offer us so many new possibilities for day trips. We've only been here for a couple weeks but we were eager to begin our treks up and down the coast. First stop, Baltimore. Devin's sister, Sara and family live in Philadelphia for the next year so we're going to take every opportunity we can to meet up. We started at Fort McHenry where Francis Scott Key penned the famous words in 1814 that later became The Star-Spangled Banner. We learned all about the circumstances of that fateful night when the British ships rained rockets red glare and bombs bursting in air on the fort throughout the night.
Here's Lucy pushing her little cousin. (Note my new purse from Target. Love it. I'm done with the diaper bag.)
Isn't this the cutest picture of Lucy? She was cracking me up all day.
We then met up with Devin's cousin at the harbor for lunch. (Do you think he looks like Roger Federer?) We found an amazing cafe and I finished off my brie and walnut sandwich with an amazing chocolate mousse. It's great to be a girl and be able to enjoy chocolate to its fullest potential. It's something Devin just can't understand. But that's ok, give him a Starburst and he's a happy little camper.
Then we headed up the hill to see Charm City Cakes. I've been a fan of the show from the start. I remember telling Devin about the promos how there was this rocker dude and all of his Emo friends and they take chainsaws and blowtorches to cakes. I thought it was going to be a sweet show and have yet to be disappointed. Now I picture all cake shops to be staffed by such blessed folk. So we wanted to see the shop and take a few pics. I was half-watching for Duff to pop his head out, invite us in and show me the cake he made for me in the shape of Eva's face. No such luck. It was fun to see all the people driving by and getting out to take pics. It must be the most famous bakery in the country... the world.... the universe!!!!
5 comments:
Sounds like a great trip. Cute pictures, especially the last one. Sorry you didn't get invited in, too bad.
I love that picture of Lucy pushing Eva in the stroller! That is so cute. They are destined to be "frousins" now that you are living closer together. What a fun trip. Someday we will definetely have to have a tour of "charm city cakes".
I guess I'll have to start watching Ace of Cakes. I went to the link- I loved the CandyLand one. Fun day!
That's so cool that you got to go to charm city cakes! Too bad you couldn't go inside, but neat to say you've been there. I love Ace of cakes and love watching them create those crazy cakes. Looks like you guys had a fun trip, I look forward to joining you guys sometime.
That was a good day. Let's all begin crossing our fingers that we end up in DC next summer for the Air Force!!!
Post a Comment