
Monday, July 13, 2009
Moving Week is Finally Over...
This week has been so crazy… It’s one of those weeks that feels like a year. We got back from our Boise trip two Thursdays ago. Friday we unpacked, Saturday we picked up my mom in Atlanta and celebrated the 4th with friends. No fireworks are illegal in South Carolina so the guys had a blast lighting up the neighborhood. Sunday was so sad for us since it was our last day at church. We love the Seneca Ward so much. It was wonderful to be a part of a ward with this incredible diversity and warmth. We really did feel like they were our extended family. Monday we started packing up the house. I don’t know what we would have done without my mom. Packing and pulling babies out of boxes at the same time is impossible. (I’m surprised Eva made it through this alive. I found a tack, a screw and packing tape in her mouth at different times. And this is with someone constantly watching the little chunk.) Monday night we had a pool party to say good bye to our buddies. It rained for the first part and I tried to make Orange Juliuses with an immersion blender… spraying about half of the mixture all over the deck. Finally the rain stopped and we all jumped in the pool and had a great time. Tuesday we continued packing and then went to a lunch party at my work, CCIT. The entire department had gathered together to see me off (and watch the Michael Jackson funeral). They gave us a nice gift and I even had to give a speech! I’m horrible at that but I made it. I have loved working with all my coworkers. They showed me a side of South Carolina that I would have missed out on had I not had this opportunity. The people there are so sweet and warm, I just wish a bit of their accents would have rubbed off on me. Then that night we went to our last of our weekly soccer parties. Eva came back covered in mud. Wednesday we packed like crazy and loaded the Penske (22 feet!) with help, of course. Then Thursday we drove up to Richmond, took a picture of the bum in the sky (peach water tower in Gaffney) got here by about 4 and unloaded with the help of Devin’s cousin, Aaron. A random couple from the ward here walked by and helped us with the last load of boxes just as we were about to collapse. Let me just tell you what a stud muffin I married. If this Wells Fargo thing doesn’t work out, I think he has a spot in the moving business. We’re finally here and we love our new place. We’re busy unpacking and getting the lay of the land. Now I just have to figure out how to watch the Bachelorette tonight while I wait for my cable to get set up.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What a relief to have the move over with. I hope you love your new ward as much as you did your last one. It is such a big help when you are far from family. Good luck settling in and have fun exploring.
I love all of the Eva pictures. She is darling!
Bum in the sky, huh? I wonder if that's what they intended it to look like. I'm so glad you are safely moved. I hope Devin loves his job and that you both love Richmond.
Moving. Ahhh, I remember those days. Good to hear sweet little Eva still has an appitite. But really, I'm still fixated on that whole "bum in the sky" thing. Did you notice that sign in the picture??? It is the FATZ Bum in the Sky!! Seriously, I'm still laughing!
Even though it sounds like a whirlwind week I can't get over how much fun it is to have you SO SO SO much closer!! We even went to DC this last weekend and thought of "stopping by" but with Jonathan's recent bout with stomach flu we decided to spare you.:) Let the scheduling begin!!
I'm so glad you are all moved and that your Mom could be there to help. I can't wait to see your new apartment and come and visit and see all the fun new places. You've got lots of adventures ahead! You guys are awesome and we love you!!
Can't wait to hear how Devin likes his job.
Did you watch it? You know about hulu.com, right? You can watch any tv show on it:-) it was a good one! COngrats on the move! I need to come visit!
Wow, blogging already?! What a recovery :). Love the sweet pic of Eva smiling with food in her mouth. mom looks like she has been in seconda heaven!
You're here! I can't wait to see you guys. Whenever you feel settled we'll have to come down and visit and see your new place. I love the peach ;)
Ok, I'm offically done with the Bach... after this season... I didn't notice the "FATZ" bum. Hilarious.
Glad to hear you are getting all settled. Loved the picture of Eva and Coleman, the two chunkers! We miss you guys!!
Post a Comment