Thank goodness my mom was here for that first week. She was a huge help and Eva loved having all the extra attention. I especially loved having someone to pawn the baby off on at 6am. (Does anyone know how to get a baby to sleep in? Please, I beg you. Someone have the magical answer.) Devin's first week at work has come and gone. So far he is really enjoying it and feels like it is the perfect mixture of his past experience and education from Clemson. We feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity. We are also trying to get our apartment organized. I forgot what a royal pain moving in can be. Bit by bit we're getting settled and I feel like we have so much more room here. I love, love, love the pool and gym. Is it wrong to go to the pool every day? It is becoming our daily ritual. Eva is making us all sorts of friends. When she sees a new person, she kind of stares them down until they talk to her. It's very cute. Other news on the Eva front, she officially can stand by herself. (15 seconds is her record!) Tonight we decided to check out the downtown scene. We ate at a BBQ place that won a ribs Throwdown with Bobby Flay. It was fantastic and I'm sure we'll be back many times in the future. Then we drove around downtown and ended up at the canal walk and a pedestrian bridge that goes over the James River to an Island that houses an infamous civil war prison. I still think it is crazy that I live in the capitol of the Confederacy. What's next is any body's guess!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Starting to Explore
Thank goodness my mom was here for that first week. She was a huge help and Eva loved having all the extra attention. I especially loved having someone to pawn the baby off on at 6am. (Does anyone know how to get a baby to sleep in? Please, I beg you. Someone have the magical answer.) Devin's first week at work has come and gone. So far he is really enjoying it and feels like it is the perfect mixture of his past experience and education from Clemson. We feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity. We are also trying to get our apartment organized. I forgot what a royal pain moving in can be. Bit by bit we're getting settled and I feel like we have so much more room here. I love, love, love the pool and gym. Is it wrong to go to the pool every day? It is becoming our daily ritual. Eva is making us all sorts of friends. When she sees a new person, she kind of stares them down until they talk to her. It's very cute. Other news on the Eva front, she officially can stand by herself. (15 seconds is her record!) Tonight we decided to check out the downtown scene. We ate at a BBQ place that won a ribs Throwdown with Bobby Flay. It was fantastic and I'm sure we'll be back many times in the future. Then we drove around downtown and ended up at the canal walk and a pedestrian bridge that goes over the James River to an Island that houses an infamous civil war prison. I still think it is crazy that I live in the capitol of the Confederacy. What's next is any body's guess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Glad you guys are getting settled in! We miss you! And I'm sad that we didn't officially get to tell you goodbye in person! Oh and did I tell you about that BBQ place, because I saw that Throwdown and meant to tell you about it, but couldn't remember if I ever did. Glad you found it! And it sounds like it was pretty good! Keep the posts coming! I'm excited to see all your new adventures!
And no, I don't think it's bad to go to the pool everyday! I would!
I think you should definitely go to the pool each day! I'm so glad you are getting all settled in and starting to explore. I think I saw that throwdown episode too! I love that picture with you in that cute green shirt;)
That picture of Eve napping with your mom is so cute! I'm glad you guys liked Buzz and Ned's from Throwdown. I'm not a huge BBQ fan, but those ribs are so good. Thanks again for letting Adam and I hang out with you and Eva. I should have gotten a pic of Adam sleeping in Eva's pink crib.
I love that baby, and can't wait to see her next week! Before you mentioned the pool, I was noticing how hot you look with your new tan-glow. Definitely live up the pool-life in your little confederacy capital! Can you take Cam and I to the BBQ sometime?
I don't know if looking at your blog is a good thing or not. I love to see what you're up to, but it makes me miss you guys! We're still in denial that your gone.
But, I'm glad that you are liking it there and are enjoying the pool! It sounds nice!
woh, so you moved to Richmond, VA? That's really cool. How far is that from Washington DC? I bet you'll love it there. We're driving down to the Outer Banks in a month and we might be driving through. Maybe we'll see you?
I love the bath picture. Eva is such a cutie!
I love that Eva is making all sorts of friends with her stare.....like mother like daughter:-)
Sarah!!! How are you!?
It looks like you're already finding the great eats around town, gotta love a good restaurant and new cuisine. You also look so cute in green with your hair pulled back. ;)
How exciting and fun!! I hear you, that moving is a royal pain, i'm not looking forward to the next few weeks!!
We'll have to come visit sometime and you guys are welcome anytime around here!!
Whelp, I've already started the list of places to take me when I come. Busch Gardens, Jamestown, the Flying Bumb, BBQ ribs.... Yes!! Hooray for Richmond!!
Post a Comment