Sunday, July 5, 2009

We'll Miss You, Whitney!

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Boise. Devin's sister, Whitney, is leaving for her mission to Samara, Russia this month and we wanted to see her one last time. The week was full of farewell parties, pool parties, friends, family, and food. Whitney's talk in church was beautiful and further impressed me as to how spiritually prepared for this next chapter in her life. She is going to be an amazing asset to her mission there and she is going to have the time her life. We are going to miss her very much but I know that the time will fly by (at least it will for her) and she'll come back with so many memories and experiences that will bless her for the rest of her life. Time to get my missionary calendar!

Photos: (left to right) 1. There is a fun little ice cream shoppe in the neighborhood where Devin's family lives. It was always packed with people and Eva wasted no time making a huge mess. 2. Joan and Aunt Kay- the hostesses with the mostesses 3. Devin taking Eva down the slide. I don't think she even realized what happened. 4. Whitney and the 3 boys that came up to send her off. We had a very entertaining love triangle to observe. 5. Whitney and cousin Ellie on the piano. 6. Ellie and Eva. The first of many nude photos of the baby. Apparently I take a complete break from motherhood when aunties and grandmas are around. 7. Great Grandma Morris. 8. I have no idea what we're doing in this picture. 9. Eva and Auntie Whitney. Eva loves her so much. We made Whitney share a room with the baby and Eva had a great time being her little cuddle bug all week. 10. First time on the piano! Eva is so tall now. That's an 18-month onesie. 11. Eva the little flirt. She is the most social baby. She'll go from one person to the next and hug and kiss everyone she meets. My favorite is her look when she tips her head down and looks at you through her eyelashes then gives you a slow, soft blink. 11. Pretty in pink. Eva, Joan, Aunt Michelle and Whitney at the farewell party. 12. Uncle Taylor and Eva in the hot tub. Don't worry, it wasn't very hot. 13. Eva making messes in the highchair while listening to Whitney's piano jazz concert. She loved to feel the beat and would start clapping and dancing every time Whitney played. 14. This is what happens when I'm put in charge of making the chocolate truffle cake. But when you have enough chocolate, butter, cream and sugar, anything will taste wonderful... even if it looks like a volcano.


From Whitney's Farewell

6 comments:

sara cardon said...

Oh man. Shouldn't have looked. Now I'm feeling sad, depressed, and lonely for missing the farewell all over again!! She is the cutest missionary ever, and I love the pics of her and Eva. So fun!

Joan Morris said...

Thanks for the recap! We had such a great week with you guys. Whitney will be a fantastic missionary. What a great example she is to all her little nieces and nephew!

Tom said...

I didn't even make a single picture. Was I even there? Wait, am I the one going on a mission? I get so confused anyymore . . . Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going? Help me Whitney!!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Cute pictures! It sounds like you had a great time. So what do you do with the missionary calendar?

We tried Brie on french bread with Granny Smith apples....YUM! Thanks for the suggestion.

Teresa said...

Congratulations Whitney! She will be the best little missionary. Love all of the sweet pics of your vacation. You have one adorable little baby.

Carina said...

What a great trip! We are so excited for Whitney. We can't wait to see you guys and help you move in.