Sunday, July 26, 2009

11 Months Old


Eva is 11 months old tomorrow. So for posterity's sake, I'm going to post what she's been up to.

She is babbling and baby talking like crazy. Favorite word: heeeeeey-YEP! She also baby-whispers which is quite entertaining. She is starting to sing along to songs (first noticed by Devin when she sang along to "Go Cubs Go") and she'll dance when she hears a beat. She can crawl at lightning speed. She can stand AND clap at the same time. She can walk holding on to 1 hand. Despite her thunder thighs, she is a horrible eater. She picks at what I give her but rarely eats more than a few bites of anything but bottle and fudge-cicle. She is still a big flirt, she'll look you in the eye then close her eyes for about two seconds, then look back at you. She can wave but it's on about a 30-second delay, usually missing her intended target. She is learning to pray and will sit still and listen during prayers. All in all we love this little chunk and feel so blessed by her existence. She makes every minute of our lives fun and exciting. I can't believe it has almost been a year!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't believe it's almost been a year already. Time flies!! I love hearing about the fun things she does. Can't wait to see her one of these days.:)

Greg and Allice said...

Eva is getting so old!!! I'm sad we won't be there to witness the first birthday and sad we missed your going away party! Gus is really going to miss his friend. And her room looks so cute. Where did you get those little book shelfs for Eva's books? I love them. Looks like you guys are doing great!

Carina said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up? Eva is such a cutie, I can't wait to hear her sing go cubs go.

Joan Morris said...

What a cutie! I can't believe it has been almost a year since you were here and we were having a baby shower for her. She's so lucky to have you two for parents.

The Davis' said...

Look at her chubbiness! I love it! She is so very beautiful!!

Tom said...

Holy Cow! At this rate, she'll be 16 before I see her again.

sara cardon said...

I love that little niece of mine!! The baby flirting has got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I guess Devin decided to doom her for life by instilling in her a love for the Cubs....

Michelle said...

She is darling. It is fun to see her grow up.

Sarah said...

Ha ha. I know! The flowers actually inspired me. No one wanted to buy them so I decided I had to use them somehow!

Teresa said...

Sweet Baby! I love this little gal! You forgot to mention her attention seeking grunts...which almost demand a Youtube version!