Thursday, August 6, 2009

I have no idea what to post but I just feel like blogging.

So what's on my mind? Not much really. My family is in Canada without me and it is just about killing me. I call them every day at the cabin to hear about the day. I can't believe I missed out on my mom's annual trek to the hutterite colony to buy fresh farm food. I'll just have to wait one more year. But other than that, I'm just enjoying the summer, enjoying Devin and Eva. We're taking it easy and getting to know the area and people in our ward. Last weekend we went down to Raleigh to help my sister Teresa move in. She and her husband Cameron are moving there for an ortho residency and we are so happy to have them a mere 2 and a half hours away. I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of her twin girl baby bump. But they are coming up this weekend to go to a water park with us so I guess I'll get a second chance. As my thoughts meander a bit more, man, Eva is taking a long nap... I've fallen in love with Trader Joe's and Triscuits. I'm sure you all wanted to know that. I'm about to make a Costco run and I would like to know what your favorite Costco products are. My Costco faves are the Healthy Choice fudge bars, tzatziki sauce, individually wrapped and frozen chicken and salmon, kid Dino vitamins (yes, I take them), spring salad mix, sweet potato fries and pitas.






Starting to show the sass, what I do all day, where I go all day, the face I see every time the camera comes out, mom and baby, baby and doggy in Raleigh, breakfast on the patio.

14 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

So you have to try the tortillas that are not cooked yet from Costco. They are SO good. They are in the refrigerated section where the cheese is and fresh stuff. You wont regret it! The Flautas are really good too. Same section! Let me know how it goes!

Tiffany said...

Ditto to the uncooked tortillas. A staple at our house. I too LOVE the individually packaged chicken breasts. And Dino chicken nuggets...a mommies must. Of course wipes and diapers are in every Costco run. I can't wait for that chunk of change to end.

The Davis' said...

I wish I felt like blogging, I have no desire at all :(
It's good to hear that you are adjusting to your new surroundings, that sounds so exciting! Is that picture of the swing at your house? Its so beautiful!
My fave Costco item is the huge tub of blueberries...yum!
And did I read that right, Teresa is having TWINS?!?!?!

Kay Hinton said...

Blueberries. They are what get me to Costco. That cart of stuff I leave with . . .impulse buys.

Amy said...

The Costco here just started carrying Multigrain Cheerios. I love them! Please remember your camera at the waterpark. I want to see the twin baby bump update!

Jen said...

Eva is getting so cute and big! Wow, time flies. Also, I didn't know Teresa is having twins! Tell her congrats. That's really exciting.

As far as things I buy at Costco . . . Tyson frozen chicken (the chicken pieces are individually wrapped! It's so much easier to thaw that way); Stacy's pita chips (so good with spinach dip); and Regal Cinemas movie tickets--when we lived in Nevada we saved nearly $3/ticket with those, you should see if they have tickets for any theaters near you; and gum--we stock up on Orbit when we're at Costco.

Joan Morris said...

Best thing at Costco, red grapes! YUM! I also love the salmon and the small french bread loaves.
Eva is changing into a toddler. She looks so grown up standing there. She is going to be quite the boy magnet with her sass and flirty eyes.

sara cardon said...

I like the Cedarlane bean and cheese frozen burritos-- only 260 calories and 1 gram of fat!! I know!! And they actually are SO SO SO yummy. I go through a box a week for lunch b/c Lucy loves them too.

Dalton Family said...

I love this post, Sarah! So random, yet so interesting
:-)

Hmmm.. what don't I buy at Costco?!
I too love the frozen chicken and uncooked tortillas. The giant bag of cheese, I like to buy the really big packs of tortillas and hot dog buns, even though we never eat them all...ever. Rotisserie chicken for only $4.95. frozen ground beef. I love their organic salsa. their clothes, of course. And, I don't do it much, but the gigantic bag of peanut m&m's...doesn't get any better than that.

Tom said...

I buy paperback books at Costco. But hey,next time you need an idea to post about, just put pictures of Eva on. That's my vote. Works every time.

Teresa said...

I am SO excited you are only 2.5 hours away, and have such a beautiful home. Eva is adorable. As for Costco...their raspberries and pineapples are great. I also like their t.p., seedless cucumbers, laundry detergent, sweet potato fries (thanks to you!), Rotisserie chicken, individually frozen chicken breasts, and heavy cream (by far the cheapest of anywhere else...I try not to buy too often!). I am hearing you on missing out on Waterton right now.

Shandi Elise Hill said...

I'm going to have to go with Laughing Cow cheese and the big tub of feta cheese...yum!

Anonymous said...

Little Eva is such a cutie. WHY is it that kids LOVE to sit on the dishwasher door?
Here are my costco faves...
I also love the rotis. chicken. But I like to buy the salad mixes, there is a Dole one Cherry Almond Bleu, great lettuce, dried cherries, bleu cheese and a yummy dressing, OR the other BOMB salad mix, the French Parisian or something like that, but it has sugared almonsa, dries cranberries, a white balsamic dressing and feta...either salad is divine with some costco chicken. I also live off of the Rojo's Mango Peach Salsa, I eat the whole thing by myself in a couple of days, (no one in my house likes it) We just had a "road show" come through with foccocia breads and they are sooo delicious, I bought the spinach and cheese ones and my kids love them. Oh and they also started selling meatball bakes, like their signature chicken bakes, they are pretty darn good, very easy lunch for the kids and the kids just gobble them up, whil I eat my salad of course. Love the kirkland juice boxes, and I am also a fam ont eh uncooked torts. but we never eat them fast enough, I wish I had someone to split stuff with. OH and by far my fav. is Costco tri tip, in the meat section, 2 per pack. Marinate it in worcestershire, soy garlic and spices of choice, throw it on the grill for 30-40 min. OH SO YUMMY! And the tri tip sammie the next day it to die for!!!!!
Teresa look so cute, I would love to stalk her blog, have her send me an invite!

Anonymous said...

oh and I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE the sonoma chicken salad on fresh costco crossaunts. I will eat the whole tub of chicken salad and the whole dozen cross. by myself in like 5 days. Well no one else in my house likes it, so I have to right??? i only buy it like once a year.