Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ultrasound countdown... 19 hours

So tomorrow is the big day. Hopefully our little guy/girl isn't being shy so we can find out what colors to buy. Hey, that rhymed. I'm inspired to write a haiku all of a sudden.

The baby inside
It dances like butterflies
Hold still tomorrow
(That one was inspired by the fact that I have to drink 32oz of water in 10 minutes then hold it for an hour. I'll never make it.)

I think this sudden burst of artistic expression is a result of our first birth class that I (Devin was on a trip for school) went to last night. First I had to draw a picture of what I imagined the birth to be like. Then we watched the movie about a birth camp on the Black Sea where hippies go to give birth in the ocean, where the most clothing anyone wears is a headband. Then we practiced relaxation and visualized a "conscious birth". Let's just say I'm glad Devin was busy and will be there for next week's class about nutrition, a far more guy-friendly theme.

9 comments:

Dalton Family said...

YAY!!!! I've been wondering when the big day was! I CAN"T WAIT!!! So exciting! Great poem by the way...so so talented:) Ok, and nice class! A total opposite from the Utah classes where they start out by saying "raise your hand if you do NOT want an epidural." NO ONE raises their hand and they go on to talk about other things, like the size of the needle:)

Kira said...

Sarah, good luck. I hope it has a Palmer toe. Look for it

Frankman's said...

Amazing Poem. I'm so excited for you to find out! The birth class sounds awesome! Dave and I went took a hypnobirthing class, so it had the same flavor...

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to hear the news!!! I will be checking your blog all day!

I never took any of those birthing classes...for me, the less I know the better! (due to my whole blood phobia, I'm crazy thing). I sure am glad I did not have a visual of how long the epidural needle is as they shoved it into my spine! ;)

Jen said...

That class is cracking me up. I think it'll be the highlight of my day. And I'm going to have to agree with Tiffany, the less I know about birth, the better. That'll increase my chances of actually doing it some day.

How exciting the Gender Date is approaching! Good luck holding all that water.

Lindy said...

LOL--this is a hilarious post. I hope all goes well with your ultrasound. I can't wait to know if you'll have a little Clemma or Clemmo! But then again, either gender, I'll probably tack an "o" on the end. :)

Familia Durham said...

Ha Ha Ha He missed the video... I am sure he was really really sad.

Anonymous said...

I never attended a class either, I like to do the "fly by the seat of my pants" thing! ya know?! I think I saw that same video once, we will have to dicuss it sometime! LOL

Team O'Connor said...

I love you more than life itself. Always be inspired to write/speak in haikus. Haha. I'm so excited that you're having a girl! She is going to be the cutest, sassiest thing to meet planet earth. I miss you! Call me soon.