And we're back... Now for the run-down...We stayed in this great hotel right next to the Prater (big permanent carnival with rides on steroids... or maybe one of those new rave drugs, those rides were crazy). It was a fun atmosphere to walk through every night. Vienna is full of imperial majesty. If you love the royal-ness of Europe, Vienna is the place. We visited the Habsburgs' Palace (treasury, silver and china collection, royal apartments and Sissy museum). We visited the summer palace as well as the Belvedere Palace and art museum. We even went to an opera for 3 Euro! (We had to stand and we ended up sneaking out after an hour but, hey, 3 Euro well-spent.) We experienced the rich music history of Vienna at their House of Music museum, very cool. We wandered the streets, ate new food, rode the tram around and around and around to look admire the architecture. We visited the amazing Stephansdom cathedral... I hope I'm not forgetting anything. The greatest thing about it is all the new things we are now interested in that we had no idea about before. I have Wikipedia-ed like no other. And Devin and I find ourselves discussing all sorts of new and ed-u-ma-cated-sounding topics. Vienna is truly a very beautiful city that could keep us entertained for weeks.
![]() |
| Vienna2008 |

9 comments:
I LOVED the pictures. It looks like you did so much. I especially loved the picture with Devin and the Almdudler. It is our all time favorite Austrian drink and we try to have it every Octoberfest.
I hope you are feeling better Sarah!!
you guys are so adventurous - it looked like you had a blast. It's no fun being sick AND pregnant - hope you feel better soon! Only two more weeks (or hopefully less) till this little one pops out!
Another question: when do you find out if you're having a boy or a girl? It should be soon right?
I am very jealous that you got to go to Europe with out me. Also, you were able to go to Prague. I HATE SARAH (say this with a hook finger and an angry voice).
Wow, such beautiful places... and we are stuck in SC....
Oh....be still my heart!! I think I watched that slideshow at least 20 times...I especially appreciated the pictures of all the food and restuarants, I know those were meant for me.:) But seriously, the pictures are even more beautiful than I remember, or maybe that's b/c I didn't have a digital camera back then. Either way, it looks like an amazing trip, but next time I'll be joining you. Viva Vienna. And Viva Tichys---that looked too goog to be true!
You two are having way too much fun!! Stop it! I thought traveling to Europe was supposed to be for us older folks (I seem to be the only one working and paying taxes!). So tell me, is Devin really in school or is that whole Clemson thing just a slight-of-hand trick so that we won't focus on your real goal of seeing the world before you are 30??!
Love the pictures. What an amazing trip. I've tagged you...I love reading your creative tags. See my blog for details.
Thanks for the additional information! What a wonderful trip! Thanks so much for the goodie package. WE (mostly me)loved the Milka bar.
PS Check out my blog for the Taylor dog story!
Post a Comment