
So we discovered this week that we can wake the baby up. She was nice and still and then Devin came up to say hi and patted my tummy a few times, like he was playing the drums. Within about 10 seconds she was kicking back at him. We've since tested the theory and it works every time. It's so cute! But I think we'll leave her alone now and hope that she repays the favor later on when we want to sleep. (yeah, right.)

This week baby girl got her first little girl things. My friend, Lorena, within 5 days of finding out it was a girl had had her grandma in Uruguay knit and mail up these darling little booties. I couldn't believe it. I love how they'll come up to her knees, cute little diva boots. :) And then my mom sent out a package with these blankets, socks and nightgowns. I was fortunate enough to have delivered the ultrasound news to my mom when she was in the store. :)
And yes, this is foreshadowing of what my blog will be like in 5 months, full-blown baby blog.
But on a non-baby note: Devin and I have been loving the spring here in South Carolina. The trees and flowers are in full-bloom and the colors are beautiful. Here's a few pics from our recent outings. After the all-important Clemson spring football game we took a walk through the Clemson Botanical Gardens. Then on Friday we went up to Greenville for a Jazz festival where the close off main street and have concerts, art booths and wine tastings. Very classy, we loved it. And I love the lady checking out my husband in that last picture.



7 comments:
My mother-in-law is from Uruguay and I wish we still had relatives there so I could get some cutely knitted knee booties. HOW CUTE!
Whoa, two blogs in one day! I'm so excited! What fun baby stuff. Buying for girls is sooo fun!!
Also, I guess I'll have to enjoy spring through your beautiful pictures. Idaho is still in a deep freeze. It was snowing here yesterday! My tulips haven't even bloomed yet ):!
Oh, someone has a mother in law from Uruguay! How lucky is she! I bet she makes really yummy food for her, like my mom does. Cool.
I am glad you like them. :) I have her working on something else right now ;)
I am excited that you will soon be 100% obsessed with your child and understand why I blog about EVERYTHING my kids do. ;) Only a mom can understand!
PS-it looks so beautiful there! I am jealous...
Checking out your husband? Are you kidding? Just look at that guilty grin on his face. I bet he just got through pinching that poor girl! I'd keep an eye on him (hard to do when EVERYONE in town wears those same orange Clemson t-shirts everyday . . . )
I too think she's giving him a dirty look....Anyway, the story of the drumming on the tummy is SO cute!! Lucy always became super active/kicking at night RIGHT as I layed down ready for bed, and (unfortunatley) did the same thing after she was born. Maybe Devin will be able to sooth her with his drumming skills. I personally remember how groovy they are from driving around Provo with him drumming on the Geo's steering wheel...
I'm excited for the full blown baby blog ... that's all ours is now too!!!
Post a Comment