Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sophie is 8 months old now. I have no idea how much she weighs but she eats a ton. Feeding is when I get the most screeching and yelling out of her because I can't shovel the food in fast enough. She finally rolls over although I've never actually seen it. I just find her on her belly in the morning. She's starting to push up onto all fours and do the baby rock. She scoots backward and sits and rocks. She is happiest on the floor sitting in a pile of toys.
We recently went down to Chapel Hill cousins and got this darling photo. It took about a hundred shots and involved kids running in all directions with one able-bodied adult to round them up.


And this little girl gets to start preschool next fall. This might sound crazy but I camped out all night with a handful of buddies to get her in. Why you say? It's dirt cheap and all her friends will be in her class. (Plus I'm always up for an adventure.) I had a really hard time deciding if I was going to send her but I think she'll love it and I couldn't resist the pull of 2 free mornings a week. Hopefully Sophie is still nice by then. And Devin's aunt sent me this picture of Grandma Joanie when she was a baby. I think she looked a lot like Sophie. What do you think?

2 comments:

Shonna said...

What cute girls; glad you finally got a couple of great shots w/ all the running. And yes I think Aunt Joan looks a lot like Sophie; that's way fun to have that picture.

Teresa said...

Sophie is gorgeous, and what a crazy photo shoot that was!