Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby Yoga and More Potty Stories



Baby yoga time. Sophie spends her days working out. She goes from her bum, up and over her toes to her hands, then she'll stick up her bum and do a downward dog back to her tummy. Then around and up onto her bum again. Then she'll bounce on her bum and flap her arms like a little birdie. All staying in a 5 foot circle. Yesterday she started to crawl. Eva screams whenever she gets near her because Soph will slap at her toys and grab her hair. Then Sophie screams because Eva is screaming. So they just scream at each other all day.

I know how much we all love potty stories. Here's a couple more. Eva is starting to be a little passive aggressive with the potty time. She will only go when I stick her on the pot. And if I forget, accident time. So she peed on her blanket and I was so mad at her I just told her she could deal with a pee-smelling blanket all day. (This sounding like a good idea at 6:30 am when I was half-asleep. But then I forgot about it so when I came to, my better judgement couldn't correct my decisions.) So Devin was putting Eva to sleep and I went in to check on them. Devin- Have you smelled Eva's blanket? Me- Yeah, it smells like pee. Eva- It smells beautiful. (Big smile.) I guess that lesson backfired.

And this doosie was at the Chick-fil-a "tunnel slide" jungle gym. Eva was running around like crazy and I saw her do the potty dance. "Eva, do you need to go to the potty?" She said, "noooooooooooooooooo," and tore up the stairs before I could catch her. Then I saw her little shadow take a seat in the tunnel right above me. "Eva, come down the slide so we can go potty! Eva, you can't go peepee up there! Eva, come down, quick!!!" She won't budge so I run up the stairs and find her sitting in a giant puddle right at the top of the slide. I had to get the workers to clean it up and somehow we got free ice cream out of the deal.

8 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

How well I remember the joys of potty training! Sophie is growing up so fast! You have such pretty girls!

Jen said...

HA! "It smells beautiful." What a funny girl. That is awesome and one of my favorite stories ever. Doesn't sound fun, though.

Eva is such a cutie!

Teresa said...

Oh my gosh. I can't do potty training. My twins are going to be in diapers until they leave for college and i'm no longer responsible for them at Chic-Fil-a! Love your little, darling, screamy girlies!

eric + ashlee said...

Eva is so funny! "it smells beautiful" made me laugh out loud! Maybe she's just trying to make it smell beautiful every where!

Sarah said...

Ashlee, Too bad Eric can add his own story to the list. Eva peed on the floor in nursery yesterday and he was teasing the other teachers about using gloves to clean it up. haha. I felt so bad!

Kira said...

groooossss, but SO STINKIN FUNNY!!!

Dalton Family said...

Ha ha! I love Eva! That is the cutest thing about the blanket. Sophie look so much like Devin in some of these pictures. Cute girls!

Joan Morris said...

I can't wait to do baby yoga with Sophie. Eva's potty training sounds like an adventure. Taylor told me about the chick filet experience.