Thursday, June 2, 2011

Shopping 101

My friend Brityn always has on the perfect outfit. I've been getting the itch... it's summertime, it's my birthday, it's Mother's Day... I was ready to shop. So I asked Brityn to go shopping with me. Best idea I've had in a long time. It addition to having a blast I feel like I ended up with a handful of key pieces that I'm not going to hate on myself as soon and I wear them once or twice and the honeymoon period is over.

I put a lot of pressure on her as my chosen personal shopper. And with a few spare hours at work, her bullet list of what to look for turned into a personal essay by Brityn on how to plan a wardrobe. I thought it was AH-mazing so I thought I would share.
(If the scribd doc doesn't work I can email it to you.)

Shopping 101

So how did I do? I spent a little under $70 and got a cardigan on sale from Nordstrom for $11. I've decided these are the best cardis out there and I now have three colors.
$30 skinny jeans also from Nord's. (Taking the plunge.)
A black pencil skirt from H&M and a cool rugby stripe top also from H&M. (Blue and white stripes, I'm sure you'll see it on the blog once I decide to start taking pictures of myself again.)

6 comments:

Dalton Family said...

How fun! I can't wait to be skinny again and go shopping! I have that same cardigan from Nordstrom, I LOVE it and it's such a great deal! Can't wait to see you in your new clothes!:)

Dallings said...

Wow Brityn really knows her stuff. It sounds like a lot of work! I'm gald you loved the results.

Jackie said...

Genius. Give that Brityn a TV show already!

Jen said...

What a great idea to bring a personal shopper! I'm so excited for the essay. Thanks for sharing. And I absolutely want to see pictures of the outfits.

Team O'Connor said...

That is the best cardigan. I would so love a personal shopper. I don't trust my fashion instinct at all. PS. You looked hot in the skinny jeans :)

Katie said...

Great post. I can't wait to see your new stuff. It feels great to have something that you feel good in. Wow, Brityn did an amazing job on that article. Might have to bookmark that one!