Sunday, January 30, 2011

I got stuck inside an inflatable obstacle course.

That's my answer. The question? What did you do to yourself?? So here I am, the only non-20something at this party at one of those inflatable jumpy places. Ok, so I'm less than a year from a 20-something but still. We line up for the girls' relay race through the inflatable obstacle course. I watch all the tiny little champs leap over the barricades like gazelles. It's my turn. I go scrambling in, over the first barricade. Phew. Now for the next one. I flop myself over and feet land first but at a horrible angle. I crumble to the floor and right then and there I know I have another most embarrassing moment (MEM) on my hands. (Yes, they happen often enough it has an acronym.) I know my feet are toast and I can't walk so I just sit there and try to decide what to do next. Soon enough I'm discovered and I'm hoisted out by 4 med students. Now here I am, scooting, crawling and rolling around my house and I just keep laughing at how ridiculous I must look. And now I'm lying on the floor staring up at my bed, wondering how I'm going to get all the way up there because the thing looks like a skyscraper.

X-Rays don't lie... 2 broken feet.

16 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Oh No! That is a pretty funny MEM. Did you break an ankle or something? Maybe you need me to come take care of your kids ;)Keep me posted.

sara cardon said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? You really broke both feet?!? No way!!!! I feel so terrible!! Bwahahahahaha!! Just think, someday you'll look back and laugh about it...but probably not in the near future. You need a follow-up post!!!!!

Kay Hinton said...

Oh my goodness, Sarah. Oh my goodness. I think Grandma Joanie better fly out and help alright. You need to her with two babies.

Alisha said...

What, seriously--you broke both feet? Wow, that's going to be rough trying to care for two babies. I agree, take your MIL up on the offer!!

Kira said...

Are you serious?????? Sarah ... that is soooo sad!!! Justin and I can't believe it! Are you going to be alright?

Whitney said...

You are crazy. You know, a grandma is good, but an aunt... even better.

Jen said...

Holy crap! That is an amazing thing to break your feet at the same time. And I love the image of you steam-rollering around your house; almost as much as I love the image of you stuck in a kids' inflatable playhouse. I'm sorry.

sara cardon said...

Okay. So now I know it's true, I feel even WORSE that I laughed!!! You weren't kidding!! When I heard you have to drag Sophie around in a little box, my heart broke. I wish we were still in Philly so I could drive down and help out for a couple of days!!:(

Whit and Steve said...

Oh my!! That is crazy!! I hope you heal quickly and hopefully one of your moms is on their way to help!

Yes, follow-up post please!!

CurtisandJackie said...

Sarah, I feel so bad for you! What a crazy fluke accident to happen. I wish I was there to help. How long does the dr. think it will take to heal?

The Davis' said...

Oh my gosh!!! How horrible! I can't imagine having one broken foot, let alone, two broken feet! I hope you are feeling ok! Hilarious story though...until the pain.

Dalton Family said...

Sarah, NO! You have got to be kidding me! This is so sad, yet so stinkin' hilarious! I can picture the entire thing. Oh my gosh! How are you going to manage with 2 broken feet? Seriously, I feel so bad for you, but can't stop laughing.

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I was so sorry to hear about what happened! I hope you're okay. Know that we are thinking about you and praying for you and your fam.

Teresa said...

Anything. You name it and I am there...especially with your upcoming recovery. You have such a positive attitude with this.

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I am sorry.... I hope you have an amazingly fast recovery and get back on you feet!

Familia Durham said...

Still don't understand how you can break both feet in an inflatable but I am sooo very sorry... :( I am glad you have lots of support around. I hope you heal soon. <3