Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Eve and Day

We booked a flight home on the afternoon of the 25th so we decided to move everything up a day. Luckily, Santa was more than happy to cooperate and bring the presents a day early. Christmas Eve was nice and low key. We had dinner, watched a few Christmas clips on lds.org and youtube, read the Christmas story in Luke went to bed.

Here are our girls in their Christmas jammies and the family by the fireplace... so very Christmasy.

Santa came! Eva quickly got over her fear of Santa Clause when she realized all the loot he brought her. (And oddly enough, about 90% of it was meant to entertain her on an airplane... hmmmm)

Eva helped me pick out the stockings at the dollar store. She picked the princess stocking for Sophie, the Mickey-Minnie one for herself, I got the Tinkerbell Stocking and Devin's was Toy Story. She never forgot which stocking belonged to each person.

For Christmas dinner we had a Bethlehem theme. It kind of morphed into Greek food but that's ok. It turned out fabulously. Greek salad, hummus, olives, baba ganoush, pita bread, homemade baklava, homemade dolmathes, spanakopita and lamb skewers. Yum!

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What cute pictures and I love your Greek/Bethlehem theme. It sounds delicious!

Team O'Connor said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea that most of that food even existed! You guys are so fancy. I love it :) Sophie got big so fast! She is so cute and Eva is getting so pretty. She's getting the big girl look.

Teresa said...

I love the stocking story. Can she pick out my stocking next year too?! You're a lucky mom to have tinkerbell! Awesome Christmas. I love your new little tradition. How did you come up with all that? classy lady.