Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sophie's Blessing Day

January 2, 2011. Boulder City, NV. Devin, Uncle Jon, Grandpa Palmer and Bishop Stewart gave Sophie a blessing in Sacrament meeting at my parents' ward. She was sound asleep until the blessing began, then her eyes opened up wide and she watched and listened as her daddy gave her a beautiful blessing from her Heavenly Father.




All about Sophie: At three months she is a very smiley little baby. My sister Katie describes it as a smile that makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world. She'll draw you in and before you know it you've been standing there for 15 minutes coaxing smiles out of her. She is getting chubby like her sister was. She commonly receives comments about her perfectly shaped head. She looks a lot like Devin and loves to sleep with her face buried in someone's armpit. Any armpit, she's not picky. Her favorite place is the bath and her favorite thing is a face to smile at.

Family Photo.

Adoring Grandparents.

Cardon Cousins, Lucy and Zachy.

Sara and Jon Cardon and fam.


Not pictured but present: Aunties Julie and Katie, cousins Ryan and Grace, Se nator Ha rry R eid and his secret service agents.

My mom, Julie and me on my blessing day wearing the same dress Sophie was blessed in.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ah man! I would have loved to come to this. I LOVE that amazing picture of your parents holding her.

Joan Morris said...

Wish we could have been there. Sophie is a beautiful baby. I'm glad she didn't follow in her Daddy's footsteps and scream all the way through the blessing ;(

The Fox Family said...

I don't know why it's taken me this long but I FOUND YOU! yay! love all the posts. your girls are so adorable!

Dalton Family said...

So cute! I love that dress. I especially love the picture from your blessing...so sweet.

Sophie looks gorgeous. I love that Harry Reid and his gang were there too:-)

And yes, why didn't you invite Tiffany!

Teresa said...

I love that baby and I love how she wore your dress. Wish we could've been there!

Jessica said...

She is so sweet! And how neat that you were able to bless her in your dress.

sara cardon said...

I didn't realize she'd worn your dress. How special! She is a darling baby!