Blogging was so much easier with one kid. Since Sophie's birth I feel like I have to give equal airtime to both of my kids so one doesn't grow up with some sort of blogging complex. But Sophie is still, well, a newborn and Eva is Eva, a whirlwind of hilarity. I'm fully confident that in due time Sophie will join Eva in all the shenenagins but for now she just kind of stares absently at Eva when she's up in her face squealing, giggling and yelling "Soapy, Soapy!"-- like she hoping Sophie will somehow jump up and start playing with her. Here's a quick update of the two and I'm hoping that years from now all my kids will realize that I love them equally, even if each entry isn't equal.
Sophie: 1 month old today! I forgot how much fun it is to just sit and snuggle a little baby. Sophie is so sweet and I love looking at her little face and trying to decide what kind of person she is going to be. She still looks just like Eva to me although she is a bit lacking in the massive cheeks department. This month has gone much faster than my first month with Eva. (In that month I felt like I lived a lifetime.) Sophie has become quite colicky at nights and even sometimes during the day so I've cut out all dairy. That was yesterday morning and already today she was much better. Correlation? We'll have to wait and see. In the meantime I've discovered that coconut oil is an awesome substitute for butter. I also got these darling pumpkin beanies in the mail from my Aunt Judy, so be prepared for some extreme cuteness.
Eva: We had a Halloween party this morning and I came prepared with a princess costume. (Something she can wear with her pink, plastic heels, of course.) I let her wear jean shorts and a white t-shirt to travel in b/c she hates dresses. She wouldn't let me put the costume on but she wanted the heels so in saunters this two-yr-old with daisy dukes and heels, brown smeared all over her shirt from the chocolate sucker. She kind of looked like she was dressed up for a white trash party. Hopefully I'll be more successful in the costume department this weekend.
5 comments:
That is so funny! I cant believe how many opinions these little girls come with. It really fascinates me.
To answer your question: we have the marathon and I love it. I my Mother in law has the roudabout and it is good too. Molly is really tall so I am glad we got the marathon because she really would outgrow the roundabout soon. Also the marathon is a lot easier to take in and out of the car. If its not going to move that much, that doesnt matter. I LOVE the car seat everytime I put it in or take it out, but most of the time I just feel silly for spending so much on a car seat. I didnt know what to buy and I didnt want to make a mistake, so I knew I couldn't go wrong with a Britax.
Okay well there is your novel. I have been really missing you a lot lately! Your girls are adorable and I wish we lived close so our girls could be friends!
Go little Trasher, Go!! Nothing wrong with that!
I'm sorry Sophie has been a little colicky. I hope the no dairy thing continues to work. Eva is such a character. I'm glad she's following in the Trasher family tradition ;)
Oh no, sorry to hear about Sophie being colicky, that seriously has been my biggest fear with having another child (I know, kindof ridiculous that it was my biggest fear). Hopefully cutting out dairy really helps. It's tough to hear little ones cry and know they are uncomfortable. I totally hear you on just staring into their little newborn faces and wondering what they will be like--so much fun!!
Halarious! I love the WT costume!
Post a Comment