Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 Weeks with the SophieGirl

Tonight we thought it would be fun to put Sophie in the bath with Eva. (I'm just full of good ideas lately.) So we fill up the tub and put Sophie's little bath chair in there. And what does Eva do? Goes over and pulls up on the shower handle spraying freezing cold water on poor little Sophie. Of course she screamed her head off which made Eva upset so she let out one of her T-rex screams which made Sophie even more scared. Needless to say it was a very short bath.

This is the kind of thing that happens when Grandma leaves. My mom has been in town since the birth and it has been awesome having her here. She seriously saved me and I don't know what I'm going to do without her here. She rocked babies, cooked all the meals, did laundry, spoiled us on shopping trips, cleaned house... Now we're on our own and it is a bit terrifying. Saturday we drove her down to Chapel Hill to spend a couple days with my sister Teresa before she headed back to Vegas. Here are a few pics from the week.

Our little mouse curled up in her nest...

Making gingersnaps with grandma...

Playing with sister Sophie wearing her new fairy wings from Grandma's suitcase of goodies...

Shopping in Carytown...

Picking out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch...

Eva with Auntie Teresa. Two things she is obsessed with, Auntie Teresa and the Mickey Mouse puzzle. She's put it together about 200 times this week alone...

Grandma and her new baby...

Devin's view from the stands at the Clemson-UNC football game...

6 comments:

Shonna said...

Man, that bath sounds pretty awful; so sorry. Cute pics though.

Jen said...

What cute pictures, especially with the fairy wings. The bath sounds terrible, but what a great story. Hopefully that one makes her baby book . . ..

I've decided if/when I ever have another child, I'm going to require grandma help for 4 weeks. So I totally feel you about your mom being gone.

Teresa said...

I love those babies of yours and am having withdrawls. Can't wait to see them in 2 weeks! Is Eva ready for us?! Sophie is precious.

sara cardon said...

She is the prettiest baby I ever saw!! She will quickly get used to the chaotic, slightly dangerous life of being the 2nd child. Don't worry. I'm glad she's such a dream baby and that Eva is adjusting quickly-- I had the same awesome, positive experience with mine...If only Zachy had stayed the dream baby when he hit 18 months!!!

Tom said...

That bath reminds me of putting grandkids in our jetted tub and having one of them hit the on switch by accident, sending water shooting everywhere (because there isn't enough water in the tub), followed by (my) screaming. By the way, has anyone seen my wife? I heard she was headed that way.

Jessica said...

She is such a beautiful little baby! And I LOVE her name! Congrats!