Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas I

This Christmas was amazing and we are totally suffering the January blues, not to mention jet-lag. My parents did a wonderful job of making every day special and fun. Here's a photo summary.
Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Devin and Eva enjoying the Christmas tree lights, Eva climbing up over grandma's back to catch the game when she tried to pull her away, Auntie Nat and Babe at the Sam's Town Christmasy thingy we saw featured on the Travel Channel, Christmas morning line-up, poopy mess on Auntie Katie, Christmas Eve talent show- All the Single Ladies, baby wants to drive, almost time for bed, Baby's First Christmas!, Christmas morning, Auntie Teresa.

This is from Teresa's blog and it made me laugh: Can't do a Christmas without the matching p.j.s and lining up youngest to oldest. Guys were especially happy that this year's pjs were "men's." They had a hard time adjusting to the previous women's pj's with pink polar bears. As we woke up, I heard one sister call down the hall, "We're doing minimal make-up! No more than Minimal make-up this year!" This was the cue that no one could go overboard, or the whole group would have to raise to the same standard of primping. Checks and balances folks. How many families have peer pressure that results in "minimal make-up" on Christmas morning? Answer: only families of all girls despite the addition of husbands!

With Eva's new found talent of giggling, the adults in the house were relentless with tickling the little thing. Here's a new video of her attacking Devin. She gives him a zerbert towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRFIRAGYPdU

11 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that video! Now you need to make one of her laughing, my favorite sound in the whole world is hearing babies laugh.

Familia Durham said...

You have those men well trained... my husband will never agree to the matching pjs picture and the whole preparation for the picture. That is neat!

Kay Hinton said...

Love the pjs! That baby is the best pooper in the world! I love that you laugh about it!!!

Dalton Family said...

So funny! I love the picture of Katie holding Eva when she pooped! Good times!

The Davis' said...

I was wondering if we would see the famous Palmer line-up!! I love Katie in the talent show pic. That video of Justin Timberlake doing the Beyonce video on Saturday Night Live on YouTube is my absolute fav!!
Eva is the Champ of poopers...wow!!

Teresa said...

Love the recap...just wait until my blog is no longer private :)! The new pink look is perfect for the January blues. I am having Eva withdrawals :).

Joan Morris said...

That does sound like a family of girls to worry about makeup on Christmas morning. I love the look on Devin's face in the Christmas lineup. Pretty funny. I can't believe how big Eva looks. Looks like she won everyone's hearts! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas and have so many great memories.

Tom said...

Oh what fun pictures!I love Eva piloting the car with Craig. Lucky guy. And that green poop on the floor reminds me of that Alien movie where the creature's blood starts eating a hole clear through the space ship. But in the midst of having such fun, I came across the infamous PJs lineup. Devin, by all that sacred and holy to the Manly Men of this world, what were you thinking? What's next, getting your nails done and having a facial with all of the girls? Please tell me that it is just Photoshop. Please!

Nat said...

Good times:) I'll just copy and paste your blog onto mine. I love the videos of Eva attacking Devin.

sara cardon said...

Cute!! I love that little baby. She's the BEST niece EVER. I'm totally with you on suffering those January blues...Boo hoo. Wish I had a South Carolina trip planned for this February!!

Julie Walker said...

What a blast! We miss you already! Gracie can't get enough of those baby videos, so keep them coming!