Monday, October 20, 2008

Poochie Alberta Palmer

My sister Teresa's blog is one of my favorites. She is the cutest writer and always makes the ordinary interesting and the interesting even more so... But since her blog is private I get to steal her posts to spread the blog love. Although in this case I'm just stealing pictures.
But many of you that have been acquainted with the PalmerGals through the years will understand the importance Poochie plays in our family history. She was always there to bark like crazy when boys showed up on the doorstep. Always ready for a makeover when the Koolaid was too tempting and she ended up with colored fur. In the end it was the family van that did her in. But I am convinced she was already gone. She was a good dog but is now in a much better place. Above is a picture of Poochie in her prime and below is her first Christmas. I wonder where I put that bandanna, that was a great look for me.


And while we're on the subject of PalmerGal history, here are a couple other gems. Teresa and Natalie practicing with the make-up and Pioneer Days in Lethbridge.

3 comments:

The Davis' said...

Ohhhhh, I'm so sad that Poochie is no longer with us!!! I have so many crazy memories of her! I love the one when we had died her fur (blue I think was the color of choice that time) and as soon as Teresa came home and saw her, she swooped her up and dunked her right in the pool! Oh how I will miss that dog! (She was such a cute puppy!)

Teresa said...

If you're going to steal my Ode to Pouchie, atleast spell her name right! J/K Steal anytime, I'm pleased that you like them enough to re-post them. Just wait for a few more gems from our retro pictures of the week. They will get better!

Familia Durham said...

Sarah, now I see why you like bonnets so much. You poor kid... or should I say... Poor Eva!