Saturday, January 21, 2012

What in the world in the heck?!?

I learned that, Daddy! And this from a kid living outside of Utah. (What in the world?!)

Here are some pics from this week. Mostly my camera and I are just working on getting to know each other. I have the Manual mode figured out but focusing is a problem... most my pics come out blurry. I got my new lens (50mm) and so now its a new ball-game. Working on playing with different lighting conditions and manual settings. Playing with Picasa's new effects. Next week I'm going to focus more on Photoshop edits.

My little subjects are not very excited about my new hobby. Looking for willing models...



I'm liking some of these expressions, even though she's refusing to smile for me. It will remind me of how she is at age three. She wants everything to be her idea. I can live with that.

She's running away from me and my new lens. Over exposed but happy.


Continuous shooting mode is perfect for little Soph. She is so playful and fun and wild as can be.

Running away from me constantly.


Spinning in her new ballet shoes. Need a $300 flash to make this pic better.

I love this angle. It's my angle on her 90% of my life right now. Not for long...

11 comments:

Hksedwick said...

Love your pictures. I know I should know this from the other night, but can you still do manual and have your flash on??

Team O'Connor said...

Your pictures are great. You already know so much! I'm joining a photography club at work so hopefully that will help clue me in a little more. I'm too afraid of manual settings. I just love my preset modes :)

Kay Hinton said...

Nice pictures!

Joan Morris said...

Great pictures! I've heard her say "What the heck," but not "what in the world in the heck." So cute!

Sarah said...

Good question with the flash. I have no idea how to use it outside of auto. Ashlee would be good to answer that one. Anybody else know?

Lindsay said...

There is a miniature Sarah living in your house. She is seriously adorable and looks JUST like you!!!! Great pics! What kind of camera do you have? I have a 50mm lens too and love it!

Shannon said...

THat last one is gorgeous! What kind of camera did you get? Manual mode rocks! It's intimidating at first but so awesome!

Sarah said...

I bought the Cannon Rebel T3. It's the most basic of the Cannons but doing a great job and I have money left over for the glass.

Dalton Family said...

Carrie -- Yep, you can use your flash in manual. But I don't recommend it!:-)

Great pictures Sarah! You are doing a great job! Your girls are so cute. My favorite pics always end up being the ones that I didn't pose. Where they did the total opposite of what I wanted them to.

Teresa said...

Gorgeous. Way to go! I'm loving your new camera.

sara cardon said...

When I read your title I pictured it exactly in Eva's little voice. So funny! Your pictures just get better and better!