We started out Christmas Eve with a Santa Cena. Where you eat they types of foods Mary and Joseph would have eaten in Bethlehem. We ate on the floor by candlelight. Then we acted out the Nativity Story (twice, one for each Mary). Eva was very into her role as Mary. Every night after, she wanted to be put to bed as Mary wrapped up in her Mary blanket with her baby Jesus.
Then it was time for Santa to come. Eva wrote a cute letter the previous week and we took all the cousins to see him at the mall. (The gingerbread house is in front of the pic that I still need to scan.) Eva and Sophie both got a princess doll and a few other toys. Eva got her Minnie Princess she'd been asking for and Sophie got her very own roll of toilet paper to unroll... a life-long dream. After Santa they were pretty much done with presents so the tree portion was kind of a disaster. We still have presents waiting to be unwrapped!
Cute Christmas dresses from Grandma Joanie!
Later we had a wonderful Christmas dinner of raclette and fondue sans babies who were finally asleep!
6 comments:
TOLIET PAPER!!!!!! awesome! hahahaha
Nice recap! I love the pic of the Sophster with her toilet paper. Did Eva sign her name on that Santa letter?!? That's good!!
That was my handwriting. Yes. It's that bad.
I loved how serious Eva took her role as Mary. She was so peaceful and calm. It was very sweet.
I love that you give your kids realistic gifts. People stress over Christmas way too much when you can get away with giving your kids a balloon or your cell phone for 15 minutes. When she's older you can just photoshop in some American Girl doll or Barbie Ferrari and she'll never know! Hahahha.
Carrie, You are a genius. I never even thought about that one. haha!
Post a Comment