Thursday, February 3, 2011

Feeling so much better...


Sorry for all the foot updates. It's just so much easier to put them in one place rather than relating the story over and over. My mom got in Tuesday night, whew! She sat down on my bed and made me laugh for about an hour about this baby shower she was planning that got pawned off onto my sister. She had invited 80 people to this thing! Oh man, I was dying. She made a couple bags of cookies for the refreshments because she was pretty sure all the ladies were on diets and she wouldn't have to make much food. And one of the games was to have everyone move her grand piano for her. Oh my goodness. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

Anyway, thank you for all your comments and thoughts of encouragement. They really have helped me realize that this will only last so long and that there are many other things that could be much worse in life. The Lord really has made this situation as good as it can possibly be. I am so grateful for the support of friends and family. This really isn't that bad of a trial and it will be over before I know it.

I hesitate to post any updates b/c we're really in limbo right now. I have scans shipped off for 2nd opinions and surgery is still an option. The current plan with my dr. here is to have my feet in casts (with no walking or standing) for 8 full weeks. Then we would wait and see if surgery is needed down the road. We're hoping to have a decision made by next week since our window is rapidly closing. So there you go. Thanks again for all your love and support.


Tuesday being taken care of by friends. Eating lunch with the kids while the moms do all my work for me. :)

9 comments:

Frankman's said...

OH MY GOSH! I am dying Sarah - I'm so sorry!! I wish I could help, but thank heavens your mom is there!

Team O'Connor said...

Well you're definitely rockin' that wheel chair :) I'm glad your mom is there to help you too! I hope some more opinions help you make a good decision on your feet. Such a crazy, random event! You're tough though and I'm sure you will make the best with your time in the chair. You're always very creative. There might be a good scheme to come up with too. Hahaha. I hope you're feeling great!

Teresa said...

Thank you for the foot updates. I hear them on the phone all of the time, but they are always so fun to see on your blog. I'm dying over the latest Mom stories...I'm surprised she didn't try out her new frosting at the baby shower as well. Hang in there, and we're excited to see you soon. You come to me a few days after a new baby. You come to me after breaking both feet...something wrong with this picture?!!! I feel like driving up right now.

The Davis' said...

That is the saddest picture of you in the wheelchair with a cast on each leg!! I really hope all goes well and you are on your way to the fastest recovery possible! Crazy not knowing which direction you are going to be able to go in as far as surgery or not. Love that you have such awesome friends and a super mom to help you out!

Tom said...

It is so very hard to look at that picture of you in the wheel chair. I'm just glad you are smiling in the picture!! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you got a wheel chair. My oldest daughter was so worried about you not having a wheel chair.

sara cardon said...

Thank goodness your mom has come to help!! 8 full weeks is crazy-- but you have such a great attitude about it. Hopefully it'll go by like a little blip in the road of life, and you'll be no worse for the wear.

Kay Hinton said...

Your optimism and joyful attitude is inspiring. Happy thoughts and prayers from us to you! Please keep posting updates. Joan's useless at keeping me informed! Hint! Hint! Oh maybe it's my turn to write to her.

Joan Morris said...

That is so crazy that you are in a wheelchair but I'm so glad it is helping you get around. I'm sure your positive attitude is helping heal you ;)