It's a cloudy day and whenever this happens I feel like I become Mrs. Boring. I think the clouds seep into my brain or something. I know. A great day to blog, right? But it has to be done. I should have my new camera any day now so expect a furry of postings coming up. Right now I'm obsessed with with finding furniture on Craigslist and refinishing it. I haven't actually done one yet but I did buy my first dresser last night and I'm excited to get started. So let me know if you have any experience with this. I'm thinking about painting it an exciting color and glazing/antiquing it in some way. I know I should be waiting until AFTER I move but I just lay in bed decorating our new place in my head. So when I wake up, there's nothing that can be done but get to work on it. Other than that, we've kept busy with callings, museums, book club, morning walks, playgroups, and beautiful afternoons in the park. I hardly feel like I'm pregnant right now. I find out the gender on the 25th and I think it will all feel more real once we can stop calling the baby "it".
Mother's Day was a good one. Our ward here does it right. The men took over all the callings during the third hour and we got to go into the gym and eat cheesecake, fresh berries, Lindt chocolate and visit. Then I heard the guys get Slim Jims for Father's Day. Ha ha. Devin was so nice to me the rest of the day-- always taking over with Eva, doing the dishes even though I'd created a disaster the night before with Greek pizza, making dinner... I just relaxed and enjoyed my day. And check out the cake I made for myself and some friends that came over to watch the Amazing Race Finale with us... http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/04/perfect-lemon-cake.html
We are also going through cousin withdrawal. Devin's sister Sara and her family came down from Philly to visit us last week and we had so much fun. It was fun to take them to all our favorite spots around the city. Then Friday Devin took the day off and we went to Busch Gardens for the day. The weather was perfect and the lines were short and the kids were happy. Perfect combination for a perfect day!
7 comments:
You look sooo good! I can't wait to find out what the baby is :) Lindsay and I refinished a changing table when she was pregnant with Ali and it cost us a total of $30 for the table, paint and new hardware. It was a lot of fun and I'm pretty sure they still have it. Since I'm staying in a hotel while I'm back in TX for school I've been watching HGTV non-stop and all I want to do is fix up an old house. Hahaha. I need to stop watching. Have fun and I can't wait to see the before and after pics. What camera did you end up buying?
The cake was awesome! It was great to hang out with you guys.
Also, I find that everytime I am about to move to a new place I get this burst of motivation to decorate. I lay in bed thinking about painting and buying stuff. Then when I actually get to a new place I am so overwhelmed with unpacking that I never really do any of it. Sad.
I'm so glad it is a cloudy day so I can see your blog update. I'm also glad you had a great mother's day and that your husband treated you right ;) Your lemon cake looks delicious, too bad the Amazing Race didn't turn out the way we hoped :) Love the pictures of all the kids.
Oh, Sarah! That is my current obsession too...how funny! I even took a class on refinishing/antiquing about 1 month ago. I bought a dresser from craigslist and I just refinished a table that I have had for years. It is so addicting! Can't wait to see your projects!
Sarah, I find out on the 25th too!! We'll have to call each other that night and share our news!!
Just read your blog...I have been so crazy busy. Noticed that you are pregos...congratulations. Glad you are feeling better:)
See you in July at the family reunion
Sarah, Happy 30th Birthday 5/14/10!!
As for the re-finishing, my friend Erin has been on the same kick (and she's pregnant as well...little nesters!). She does a super classy job on her projects. Check out her blog at http://thefeatherstones.blogspot.com/
Enjoy your day!
Post a Comment