Tuesday, May 25, 2010
No News is Bad News
We had the 20-week ultrasound this morning. As you can imagine we were giddy with anticipation only to be disappointed with an overly-modest baby and an impatient ultrasound tech. Our next shot at it isn't until August but by that point we might just wait and have a "surprise baby". The doctor said that if she had to guess she would guess boy because the kidneys were a bit dilated and they see that more often with boys. I've been leaning that direction from the beginning, feeling like this pregnancy is different from the first. But without the "money shot" I'm stuck in the same position I was in before. So there you go, no news is bad news in this case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Gosh dang it! I was excited to find out too :( I bet that just drove you crazy when he wasn't cooperating!! That's right I don't know if you saw on facebook early today, but I totally guessed it was going to be a boy. I have that feeling, lol! Hopefully you can find out soon!
that is so sad!! i'm so sorry!!
Awwww, bummer! Big time. I've always believed in a mother's intuition-- so I'm sticking with the fact that you think it's a boy, too. Either way, unisex clothes, right?:)
BOOOOOOO, HISSSSSS! I hate it when kids turn rebellious at such a young age. At least it will be easy to pick the name: Pat.
Maybe we can get Dr. Rich to take a look when you're here this summer :) He did one for Sara when she was pregnant with Lucy. I guess you're doing it the old fashioned way :)
Oh how disappointing! Now I am wanting to know what you are having too!
The blessing of having high risk twins was that I had a kazillion ultrasounds, and they verified for me several times that they were "still girls." I'm grateful that you don't require a kazillion ultrasounds, but SO sad to not know the gender. I'm guessing boy! August? Seriously?!!!
Just pay $100 and get one of those 3-D ones. They're cool.
Post a Comment