
Last week we Devin's mom came to town. We did so many fun things and Eva just loves her Grandma, even though she only sees her every couple months. Eva's been a bit shy and clingy lately so it was nice to have a break b/c she latched right on to her Grandma Joanie and didn't let go! We ate at Weezie's for crab cake burgers and The Hill Cafe for grilled meatloaf. We went to the zoo and cleaned up at a community yard sale on the way. I got a fisher price play kitchen for $3! The Richmond zoo is a quirky little thing but I love it. It's pretty tiny but there are a ton of animals and they live in small areas so you can see them all up close and you don't have to walk very far. The giraffes just hang their necks out over the pedestrian bridge and munch on your food as you walk by. We took a Sunday drive through the Shenandoah Valley and had a fabulous Trader Joe's picnic. Can't get much better than that. We also went to Maymont Park and walked the gardens, petting zoo and mansion. We also went to the Botanical gardens that was in full of tulips and gorgeous glass sculptures. We had a fun week and love it when Grandma comes to town. We just wish we could live a bit closer.
6 comments:
I'm glad Grandma Joanie could come and stay/play for awhile. Now that she is back home, she is grumpy and already planning her next trip. Good thing poor Taylor has an extremely wonderful, kind and reponsible dad . . .
I love visits with family. I'm glad you had such a fun time with Joan.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I need to visit! I'm excited to find out what you're having!
Sounds like you had a lot of good food and a great time with Grandma Joanie. I'm glad Eva really takes to her grandma so you can get a break.
How fun! You are so active and energetic while you're pregnant. I guess since I've never been I imagine myself laying on the couch all day? You're my hero :) That's so cool that you got to pet the giraffe!
Oh my! Eva is so adorable. I can't believe how much she has grown up since I last saw her. I am kicking myself for not stopping to see her in person tonight :). I love those little sunglasses. Way to be great tourists of your own city.
Post a Comment