Monday, January 11, 2010

Chirstmas III: Christmas Eve and Day


Did I mention how impossible it is to take a picture of Eva? I just wanted one good pic in front of the tree in her fancy Christmas suit. No luck.
The Morris tradition for Christmas Eve is to have a Christmas around the world dinner. Each year the food is from a different country and this year we did England. We had amazing prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, caramelized squash, bread pudding, mashed potatoes... It was so yummy!


Time for matching Christmas jammies! So cute. I wish they came in my size. Then we put out the cookies for Santa. (These cookies were amazing! Here's the recipe.)


Then we put Eva to bed so we could enjoy the wonderful Christmas program Devin's mom prepared. Lucy was a sweet little Mary and was very reverent and thoughtful throughout. One thing they do that I really like is everyone has a sheet of paper to write their "Gift to Jesus". Then it is collected and saved until the next year and you can see how you did with your goals.


Christmas Day was fun and relaxing. We opened presents, ate aebleskivers, talked to our missionary (Devin's sister Whitney) in Russia for the best hour of the day, had a ham dinner with Devin's extended relatives (I'll post Aunt Cindy's salad recipe on my food blog) and played Trivial Pursuit. Eva chilled out with her favorite gift, a new Elmo movie. One more Christmas Day for the books! Thanks to Mom and Dad Morris for making it so memorable! We have such a wonderful family!

4 comments:

Dalton Family said...

What fun traditions the Morris family has! Sounds like you had a great time!

I love the the picture of your little family in your jammies....you and Devin look soooo young!

Joan Morris said...

I love the picture of Eva and Lucy on the pillar. Thanks for making the delicious peppermint cookies. They were a hit!

Teresa said...

AWESOME!! I love it! Such a neat Christmas. Eva looks adorable in her Christmas suit and pjs.

Tom said...

Just think how cool the pictures would be if we ALL had matching pink pajamas with polka dots. Next year.