Yesterday Devin was home from work and we were sitting on the couch, Eva was walking around holding on the furniture. The all of a sudden she let go of the couch, turned and walked about 6 steps to the ottoman! We were so excited. We cheered and clapped for her. I don't even think she knew what was going on. It was so sweet for both of us to see her first steps. The only bad thing is that I missed the very first one b/c my eyes were glued to some lame movie on the Disney channel about a chicken mascot. But I teared up nonetheless. Are we cheesy first-time-parents or what? Eva also started climbing on the dishwasher. I think they must design them to hold the weight of a baby, even babies that weigh a ton of bricks like ours.
And as promised, Teresa's baby bump. Keep in mind that she still has 2 and a half months until her due date. And her belly was about half this size when I saw her ten days ago. All I can say is "poor little dear". I don't know where those babies are going to go! I can't imagine having twins but I'm happy that we are going to have a set in our family. Eva is going to just love her two little cousins. (p.s. Teresa's blog is private but just let me know if you want an invite. Blog Lurkers welcome. Shandi, you're already on the list.)
And let's not forget the birthday of the second most important person in the family. (Babies come first, of course.) My very own Devin dear. He is the big 29 today and not very excited to be so old, uh, I mean young. But it is better than next year's birthday, right? Today I made him his favorite dessert (cherry dance bars, lovingly known as CDB's) for breakfast and the day is just beginning. I won't post the rest of my surprises b/c I don't want to ruin it for him. And he deserves the best surprises and loves b/c he is the sweetest husband and dad ever and I just love him to pieces. I made the perfect choice for the most important choice. Happy Birthday, Honey Pooh Bear! (just kidding, that's not what I call him. But feel free to tease him relentlessly about it.)
15 comments:
congrats on the little walker! that's so much fun! I would love an invite to your sister's blog so have her add me!!! cortneylynn (at) gmail (dot) com :)
Very funny Sarah! BUT I don't think that I can be considered a blog lurker anymore because I do comment!! Although, I still enjoy giving Natalie family updates on her own family!
Happy Birthday Devin!! I can't believe my baby is 29. Time flies when you're having fun I guess. Congrats on the first steps, that is a milestone.
I think dishwasher doors are made specifically for babies now. Why is that such a baby magnet?
How exciting she's walking, and did it all by herself! So adorable. I agree with you--I would've teared up too.
Also, Teresa looks so cute. I'm excited for her.
Yay for Eva...how exciting!!
Teresa looks great, and seriously, where are those babies gonna go since she is such a petite thing :) I want an invite to her blog, that is so exciting
Happy Birthday Devin!!!
Happy birthday Devin. You really did make the perfect choice! You two are so perfect together!
Yay for Eva's first steps! So much better than crawling, huh?
I want an invite to Teresa's blog already! I can't believe her belly! So big for Teresa, but so tiny for anyone else:-)
Oh, and back to the costco list....I always use their dish detergent!:)
Happy Birthday Dev! I hope it was a fabulous day! And I'm so glad you both got to be there for Eva's first steps.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVIN!! We hope his day was great! Congrats to baby Eva! She was getting so close this weekend...now she is a walker like the rest of us :). That little baby is precious. Thanks for your sympathy about my belly...it will be very interesting to see how the last few months pan out...I figure the babies will find a way some how to make room!
Congratulations on those first steps!!! Someday you will curse them!
I love reading your blog! You are so hilarious. And, congrats on Eva's first steps. Watch out here she comes!
NO WAY!!!! That's so exciting!! Lucy will love having someone to follow her around the house getting into naughty messes.:) Happy birthday to my bro-- I'm glad someone made him those famous CDB's, and hopefully it was a great day. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
One invite here please!
Oh man now that she's walkin..the fun can really begin! haha she'll never sit still again!
i would love an invite to teresa's blog!
Bri05002@byui.edu
Congrats on her first steps! YAY! That is really exciting. She is absolutely adorable. Happy birthday, Devin! It sounds like you have a very thoughtful, sweet wife. I hope your day was filled with everything that makes you happiest!
Aren't the first steps so exciting?! They totally catch you off guard and it's such a wonderful moment. Yay Eva!!! :p
Post a Comment