Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A night at the Biltmore...

Last weekend we stayed at the Inn on the Biltmore property (a Vanderbilt property) in Asheville, NC. It was sort of a belated anniversary trip since this year's anniversary was slightly less romantic that it should be with me covered in spit up heating up leftovers while Devin danced around the apartment with Screamyhead. The Inn was amazing. We arrived at night and I had no idea what views awaited me at dawn... and yes, I was awake to see it.






We ate lunch in downtown Asheville at Rachel-Ray-approved Early Girl Eatery with the usually crowd of local Granolas. Then we took the long way home through Pumpkin Town (yes, that is the actual name) as we took in the scenery and fall colors. It was perfect.

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I was so happy to see a report of your trip to the Biltmore Inn. Devin doesn't give me too many details on those fun getaways. What a beautiful drive, I'm so glad you go to do that.

Teresa said...

This story is halarious! I'm glad you got to celebrate your 2 very productive (or should I say reproductive...meaning Eva) years together :). Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures!

Shonna said...

Those pics are gorgeous! Sounds like a trip you guys deserved.

Shannon said...

Man! If only we had coordinated our trips so that we could be in Asheville at the same time. We took a little road trip there and MAN! It's GORGEOUS!!!