Friday, November 21, 2008

Eva the sports fan

Eva went to not one, but two games last weekend. First off we drove up to Charlotte to watch the Jazz lose to the Bobcats. Eva has little baby earplugs that we think block out almost everything b/c nothing startles her when she's wearing them. (At least we hope that's the case.)


Then Saturday we took her to her first and last Clemson football game. She stood out like a sore thumb in her hot pink jumpsuit in that sea of orange. She also had her first date which didn't go so well. Coleman seemed more interested in her jacket than anything else. She has yet to learn the secrets of luring a man (stare at his lips! I think I read that in Seventeen back in the 90's.) But to be fair, Eva found him a boring conversationalist.



That night we went to a stake meeting and ended up banished to the Relief Society room so Eva could do her happy baby dance. I hope all the Spanish speakers enjoyed the baby screams in the background of their translation. Church will never be the same, I had no idea...



Then we ended the night with gelato from the swanky West End in Greenville with some friends. You should have seen the looks we got as we carried 3 little babies past the nightlifers in their fancy restaurants. Babies are quite the anomaly out here.



I hope everybody has a Happy Thanksgiving!

12 comments:

Frankman's said...

she's so cute! and i know what you mean by church will never be the same again...

Joan Morris said...

Well, maybe Devin will have his little sports buddy after all. We used to drag him to all the BYU sporting events when he was a baby (I think that is why he bleeds blue now). What cute pictures. I can't wait to see Eva do her happy baby dance :)

Dgroatchic said...

I know how church goes with kids - seems like I'm always part of the 'hallway class' during sunday school if Ezra won't settle down in nursery. I saw Joan last night at the Boise temple. She's excited to be with Eva and you guys for Thanksgiving. We'll be in Mountain Home for turkey day with Joel's parents - Yum!

Nathan and Sarah said...

I love that you guys do so many fun things together and are already involving Eva in everything! Oh how I wish I lived near you guys. I miss hanging out with you Sarah!

Sarah

Nat said...

I love how you take your lil mini me out and about!

Kay Hinton said...

You're a great writer! I enjoy your posts. We took Kristen to her 1st BYU game at ten days old (I know, we were crazy!) with no earplugs! She survived and flourished and is a happy and devoted BYU fan to this day (and as of yesterday, a sad one!)

Teresa said...

She's adorable. I cant wait to meet the little gal.

Dalton Family said...

Oh Sarah, Church only gets worse!!!

I want to pinch Eva's cheeks so bad!

sara cardon said...

Church really does only get worse as far as I'm concerned...just wait until the little thing is mobile!! I see the screaming babies out in the hall and wish I had one of those again.:) She is a cutie though!!

Shonna said...

How fun! She's so adorable. I think the pink and orange go so well together. I love gelato-looks delicious!

aaron said...

devin nice seats at the basketball game!!

Team O'Connor said...

I'm not sure 'cause I'm not really a good judge at this, but I think she looks like you. She is so cute and full of the best expressions. I'm in DC now and I want to visit you so bad! Sorry I couldn't make it to Louisiana but it was too far for me. I wasn't allowed to be that far from base. I love it here though and can't wait for it to warm up! Um, I kind of got engaged last Wed. so I'll be sending you an invitation sometime soon ;) Love ya!