Monday, March 17, 2008
Prague I
Hi Everybody. We're just finishing up our 3rd day in Prague. This place is amazing. We're having a great time running around the city, seeing the sights. We flew out of Atlanta Friday night about 2 hours before tornados struck the city. After an all night flight we landed in Amsterdam and then to Prague. We had personal tv's on the flight with a huge movie and tv selection so we basically missed an entire night of sleep. (saw Juno- loved it!) So we've had a wicked time (as in bad) adjusting to the timezone but after 3 days, we're finally there. Saturday night after naps we went out and found an Easter festival in the old town square. It is amazing. The architecture is truly incredible. Then we headed over to the Charles Bridge for a stroll along the river and view of the city. Prague is very deserving of its name of "the city of a thousand spires". The we ate at a cool little French bistro. Sunday we went to church at the mission home/office/chapel. I love going to church in different places. We got to meet a few of the members and feel the same spirit we feel at church at home. Then we walked around the Jewish quarter, explored the streets and basically wandered... I could get lost in this city for years and never get bored... anyway... gatta run. More to come later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, you're alive! I was worried for a minute! Did the whole congregation turn around when you walked in...or was that just a strange Colombia thing?
Sounds like you're having a great time! I can't wait to see the pictures! Clemmy is a world traveler already.
That's so exciting! You guys are living the high life :-)
Post a Comment