Monday, August 24, 2015

Waterton Trip

  Waterton is always worth the effort.  My kids just love their yearly trip up there and I can help but want them to have the same magical summers that I had.  It was a bit challenging physically for me this year being so far along.  There were lots of things going on and lots of adults so if I wasn't feeling well I could usually send them off on an adventure while I hung back at the cabin.  Eva had been talking about her Waterton lemonade stand for and entire year so that that was project numero uno when we got there.  Michelle's boys had built this awesome lemonade stand.  She made 30 or 40 bucks plus a carriage ride that afternoon. 
 We caught the last few days of the Johansen reunion.  It had been years since my last one.  I loved being with all these amazing people.  I was the only grand child from Mable's line.  We have a reunion every year in Waterton plus we all take turns at the cabin so its had to get my cousins to go to all the extended-extended reunions.  But I had a great time reconnecting with second cousins that I knew so well from my teenage and college years.  Ben and Alicia were there with their 6 kids.  They are two of my favorite people in the world.  Alicia was my roommate and Ben was a second cousin that we hung out with a ton during BYU years so it was only natural that they get married, right?  It was so fun to see our kids all play together. 




 
 Eva had always wanted a ride on the International.  My dad has told her multiple times that it's a Johansen reunion tradition.  So when she put two and two together she was so excited.  It was a beautiful night and ride to the head of the lakes.  (It's really just one lake but for some reason we call it head of the lakes.)






 Fun in the tub and fun with old photo albums.  (cousin David and then two of my parents.)



 Then we found out my Uncle Brian and cousins Chelsea and Justin were staying on a houseboat 3 hours away so we went over for the day.  It was super fun! 





 Julie, Ryan and Gracie came for the second week.  Julie was awesome and took my kids pretty much for the week.  They sure love their Auntie Julie! 

















 Bike rides, ice cream, shopping trips, McGrath slip n slide, Bear's Hump, boat rides, Red Rock, Pass Creek, more lemonade stands and shopping for silly putty, lots of fun with Jensen and Pollock cousins and Sophie and Sohpie Sue!  What a fun trip!

2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. How fun for your kids to get to know all your extended family and make wonderful memories.

Team O'Connor said...

Definitely magical! Eva is the cutest little entrepreneur! I can't wait to see what this girl does in life.